Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blinker flashing after Emergency stop MQB

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Blinker flashing after Emergency stop MQB

Hi,

I noticed that my German 2019 Passat flashes the blinkers after coming to a full stop with emergency braking. My wifes 2018 Tiguan US model did not do this, so I found the applicable adaption (09 has no long coding anymore where it was activated before).

I did not find this here, so maybe it helps someone:

So in 09, gain security access (31347) and change the following to AKTIV:

ENG141649-ENG122209-Außenlicht_Blinker-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2,nicht aktiv ,10

That's all, now your MQB car will flash after emergency stop, nice feature e.g for Highway traffic jams ect.
    2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 (FUN), 2019 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 4Motion (Daily-Company-Car), 2018 VW Tiguan SE (Wife)

VCDS, ETKA, Erwin, ODIS with FAZIT Online Access

Prior cars:
    Fiat Bravo 1.6, Fiat Marea 1.6, Audi 80 2.6, Audi A4 2.6, Audi A4 2.4, Audi A6 2.8, Audi V8 3.6 & 4.2, Fiat Marea 1.6, Passat 2.0TDI, Mustang 3.7, Ford Taurus SHO, Mustang 5.0, Lincoln MKS

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apial View Post
    Hi,

I noticed that my German 2019 Passat flashes the blinkers after coming to a full stop with emergency braking. My wifes 2018 Tiguan US model did not do this, so I found the applicable adaption (09 has no long coding anymore where it was activated before).

I did not find this here, so maybe it helps someone:

So in 09, gain security access (31347) and change the following to AKTIV:

ENG141649-ENG122209-Außenlicht_Blinker-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2,nicht aktiv ,10

That's all, now your MQB car will flash after emergency stop, nice feature e.g for Highway traffic jams ect.
    When this activates does it also make the clicking sound in addition to illuminating the green turn signal arrows within the instrument cluster? Will try this on a 2019 GTI Rabbit shortly.
    2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it behaves exactly as if you manually enabled the hazard lights. It also stops the emergency flashing as soon as you start driving again (at around 20 km/h i believe).

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    and how to enable this for MQB with old style coding for the BCM?
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's your BCM module SW number? Most likely you won't be able to enable it as you also need your ACC and A5 to support this functionality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    and how to enable this for MQB with old style coding for the BCM?
    Don't try to be lazy. It's the same channel, only the prefix/group is different: IDE08788-ENG122209-Dyn. turn signal modes-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Again, isn’t the bcm coding only the icing on the cake. If your other modules do not support emergency assist, changing this to whatever value don’t do any good as the emergency stop never activates.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have an A5 module in my MQB Skoda Octavia (only a 20 module for the lolling camera) but I do have ACC and this feature works fine.

BTW some 20MY Octavias are being shipped without ACC with with a front radar so I'm guessing this feature should be possible on them?

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Minimun requirement is AEB. My MY17 Tiguan this works as it has EA from factory, my wife’s Leon MY13 this doesn’t work even I’ve upgraded the sh*t out of it

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/...cy-assist-3680

But which blinker flashing are we now actually talking about? The one that activates when you do hard braking yourself (feature what has been in VAG cars from 2005) or the new emergency assist feature which automatically steer and brake jolt and eventually stop the car with blinkers flashing?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking about flashing after emergency stop, not 2. crash prevention.

The car has no A5 but does have AEB.
    2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 (FUN), 2019 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 4Motion (Daily-Company-Car), 2018 VW Tiguan SE (Wife)

VCDS, ETKA, Erwin, ODIS with FAZIT Online Access

Prior cars:
    Fiat Bravo 1.6, Fiat Marea 1.6, Audi 80 2.6, Audi A4 2.6, Audi A4 2.4, Audi A6 2.8, Audi V8 3.6 & 4.2, Fiat Marea 1.6, Passat 2.0TDI, Mustang 3.7, Ford Taurus SHO, Mustang 5.0, Lincoln MKS