Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2005.5 A4 B7 Avant Quattro Automatic TiP - Cranks but wont start died while driving.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to me that 103.1 is the low-pressure feed and should be at least 2.8 bar.

106.1 should be the rail pressure after the high pressure pump, and 1.3 bar is no pressure at all there.

Bad transfer pump? Just a guess.

-Uwe-
    or

Depends on what IS, IS, & is lift pump returning fuel to tank by faulty fuel filter or installed ass backward from induced FOD?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm away from my access to technical information, but i suspect your might be able to hit the lift pump with direct battery power. If so, then give that a try and see if you gawd awfulz low fuel pressure gets better. Fuel flilter issues? Is the fuel line up to the engine bay in good condition? No kinks from a floor jack?

So some dummy got dropped off at terminal F and needed to be at gate A10. Got some steps in this morning.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I figured it out. I really hate to admit it but in the interest of closing the issue on the forum and in the hopes that it will help someone in the future here goes...

It was the fuel level gauge that got me. Tank was bone dry gauge read half tank. Not sure how to fix that issue yet but the car is running.

Thank you all for trying to help me resolve this issue. I guess the takeaway from this episode is always start with the basics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah fuel in the tank is a good start..........

You are not alone, it happens even to poor schmucks like me!

I guess "IS" was GAS!

I had a CIS 16V Scirocco about 10 years ago & that when the consumer dropped off he said the tank was filled before drop off and the gauge indeed read as such.

The car was dropped off in July/Aug and it was hot, so hot!, that because the fuel gap was loose, it all literally evaporated an entire full tank!

When I was done installing the engine a month later, it would start and die and it had fuel PSI, so I commenced testing other stuff in fuel distributor and all it was, was no FUEL IN TANK!

Never omit basics and never accept PSI for Fuel volume present!

I'll say it again "VOLUME" you must have it or you are not going anyplace.

BRAKE FLUID/OIL/COOLANT/FUEL..........FLUID MECHANICS

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

7. Likes Uwe, PnwQuattro liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That makes me wonder.. did someone siphon off her tank while it sat outside the shop overnights or something. Hard to believe a whole tank evaporated but then again I never leave a gas cap open for that long.

Thinking back to my trouble shoot process. I can see where I went wrong but I can also see where I was fooled by the gauge. Taking that reading for granted is now on my list of no no's . When I sprayed it and it fired I should have started with the tank and moved forward. I skipped the tank because the pump was running and the gauge read fine. I never let my car get much past a half tank so I never realized that just below half was empty. I never should've assumed it was ECU related and started fucking around with all that shit.

My thought process when LPF Pump (new) -> Filter (new)-> HPF pump (new)-> Fuses (check) relays (check)------fuck it must be the ECU.

Ill never truly forgive myself but at least I learned a lesson and now have a VCDS. My wife has a 16 tiguan so itll get used more and more here in the future.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was someone doing something underhanded or you just met the results of what happens when you blend gasoline with ethanol & because it's a corrosive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PnwQuattro View Post
    I guess the takeaway from this episode is always start with the basics.
    Well, at least it wasn't a missing fuse.

And it isn't like any one of us would of guessed that (wonky fuel gauge) off the top of our collective heads. You may feel silly, but don't knock success when you stumble upon it.... all of us have done something like this.... many times.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.