Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Ross-Tech don't advise using USB-serial adaptors/convertors, so that's probably the cause of the problem.
Does VCDS even find it on an interface test? (Options > Select relevant COM port > Test)

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
That’s the way I’ve used it the last 4-5 yrs
I used a HEX-COM with USB to RS232 adapter on my own cars OK but as soon as I tried it another cars it couldn't connect.

Have you used your current setup on this car before?

If yes then there's a fault in the car preventing communication other than basic OBDII - if no then your setup isn't compatible with this car.

Jessenelms13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383660
Yes it’s the only car I’ve used it on and never had an issue
I can read it fine with 2 other scanners

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can’t do that from my phone.
Well, you certainly can't use a HEX-COM with your phone either. ;)

A HEX-COM (if that's what it is) is an ancient interface, not sold since since July of 2004. It does not support communications via CAN bus, which is required for a 2009 Jetta.

-Uwe-

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
If you have a laptop surely you can use that to upload photos of the interface, as Uwe asked?

You could also reply about whether VCDS finds the interface in a test, as I asked.

You seem to be picking and choosing which questions to answer, which won't help us resolve your issues.

Jessenelms13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383660
It was not working and I needed this fixed so I can leave so I’m now using something else. Just figured one of you guys could help me out but instead all you want to do is bust my balls on a cable I bought 10 years ago that has stopped working.
I just need some help with getting the coding for this module so I can get on the road so I can make it to my granddads funeral.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
It was not working and I needed this fixed so I can leave so I’m now using something else. Just figured one of you guys could help me out but instead all you want to do is bust my balls on a cable I bought 10 years ago that has stopped working.
I just need some help with getting the coding for this module so I can get on the road so I can make it to my granddads funeral.

You're asking for help on a VCDS forum, when you are using another tool.

You claim to have a VCDS interface but are resisting all attempts to find out a bit about it to get it working, so you can generate the scan that would be needed to offer any help.

Is it really that surprising that people haven't been that helpful yet?

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Trying to come up with an working MK60EC1 coding without a seeing a full scan is pretty much an exercise in futility.

-Uwe-

Jessenelms13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383660
Because its handier to use my phone while trying to work on the car and two I’m at my friends shop and the laptop is not with me since I couldn’t get it to work

Jessenelms13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383660
I do have a cable but it wouldn’t work so I’m having to do whatever I can to get it going. Right now this is the only option I have.

Jessenelms13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383660
So what are my options? I have the old coding but it won’t take and I can’t get a auto scan because of mine not working.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
As Uwe said, without a scan it's near impossible to create a code.

Why not go and get your laptop and VCDS interface and try to answer the questions people have asked in an attempt to help you?

Jessenelms13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383660
Because I drove over an hr to someone that had the capability of code my car and have been here since Monday night trying to figure it out

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Because I drove over an hr to someone that had the capability of code my car and have been here since Monday night trying to figure it out

...and 21 hours later we still can't help you.
So what's another hour's drive?

If they have a tool that can code the car, maybe that tool's manufacturer's support will have a way of pulling out the necessary information to build a code - speak to them.

If not, asking again and again without presenting a scan to base an answer on is just wasting your time (and ours)

Reactions: Uwe

Jessenelms13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383660
Ok so if I can get another cable to get a scan, and get it up. Can you help me with a code even with the part numbers I have?
I just rented a car so it would be a few days before I got back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back