Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hesitation

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Hesitation

Suggestions where to start ? New 2019 Allroad, no fault codes everything good with scan but car has slight hesitation accelerating after stop in all modes. Not the end of the world but annoying for sure. Only top tier gas thus far, less than a 1000 miles. Dealer states "no problem found".

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you compared with a comparable vehicle? It might still be abit early in car age / kms to start saying 'hesitation'..?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have a 2017 which runs flawless and have driven several different brand new rental cars over the last month and I would say it's definitely a hesitation. No other way to describe it really, full stop, light acceleration and car does not respond smoothly, almost as if the start/stop function is engaging which is off. No at 65 I am gonna go out on a limb and call this a hesitation but I get your meaning. Car does not have a linear response to throttle input. Hesitates then advances smoothly.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ if the car has a MQB platform, the tweak for this would be changing IDE06419-Driving profile switchover on hex44 module from Incremental: controlled over time to Direct: controlled over threshold value' (using SA 19249)

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

5. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Which only makes a marginal difference

This "hesitation" you call it, seems to be a common issue with newer VAG cars with direct shift automatic gearboxes. I don't know if it's due to emission software or whatnot as older than 2017 cars I've not encountered this kind of an issue. It's definitely an intentional software made feature of the engine and gearbox.

I had the same issue with my diesel Tiguan. There's a clear delay when accelerating from standstill and also if you accelerate quickly so that the car needs to do kickdown or even a normal one gear downshift.
    No matter if you start-stop enabled or not. Same delay is presented.

How I fixed it (or made it almost non-existent) was getting a remap to the engine After the remap the delay is really really minimal compared to what it was on stock.

Our 2013 gasoline DSG Leon does not have any kind of delay. It has completely different characteristics compared to the newer car. That makes me suspect the software with some kind of emission lowering settings or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    This "hesitation" you call it, seems to be a common issue with newer VAG cars with direct shift automatic gearboxes. I don't know if it's due to emission software or whatnot as older than 2017 cars I've not encountered this kind of an issue. It's definitely an intentional software made feature of the engine and gearbox.
    And seems particularly bad on the 1.5TSI engine with ACT - some Skoda owners in the UK report that VAG have released new engine ECU firmware which reduces but not solves the problem. Some owners have even started the process of rejecting their new vehicle as they consider it to be unsafe.

8. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well let me thank all of the posters for their input which seems to be right on target and especially Don whose suggestion I will undertake this week. Fortunately this issue only presents itself at a full stop and not once underway. It's also somewhat easier to deal with when you find out it's a known issue as I haven't come across this with a new car before so thanks for that.
    Best to all

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip Don. Looks like mine is a MLB platform, oh well.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should have the same setting in steering assist module. Check it

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will indeed, soon as the car is back in town. Thanks