Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 VW Tiguan - No Start - Multiple Codes

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't a well placed & warranted argument cheaper than an engine?

If a warranty extension was granted, did this not admit a defect existed and was pervasive across all platforms?

If a work operation was negated, would this not be a valid argument?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 10-02-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes dannation, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes Uwe, dannation liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vehicle Identification No. WVGAV75N59W503659
    Model Tiguan
    TIG
    Date of production 15.07.2008
    Model year 2009
    Sales type 5N17V1
    Engine Code CCTA
    Transmission Code JWA

Emission standard 7GB Emission standard ULEV 2

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/displ...d=19538&flag=1

Control F3 and search ( 150,000 ) or ( Useful Life ) see anything?

6. Likes dannation liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Vehicle Identification No. WVGAV75N59W503659
    Model Tiguan
    TIG
    Date of production 15.07.2008
    Model year 2009
    Sales type 5N17V1
    Engine Code CCTA
    Transmission Code JWA

Emission standard 7GB Emission standard ULEV 2

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/displ...d=19538&flag=1

Control F3 and search ( 150,000 ) or ( Useful Life ) see anything?
    Thanks for the heads up on that. As you posted this, I was taking the preemptive strike of submitting an NHTSA report against VW. We shall see where that goes. I may just get off work early today and grab a compression gauge to see where things stand v.s. waiting for the weekend.

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you believe you should be made whole on this clear responsibility the OEM has admitted too?

10. Likes dannation liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Don't you believe you should be made whole on this clear responsibility the OEM has admitted too?
    All day, every day. They need to make this right.

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wouldn't be too hard to establish that the Refueling, EVAP/PCV system or things such as the N80, LDP functions or the actual MPG ratings are suspect for that application certification, further being false & are clearly not without a widespread deficiency, oh & that are most likely causing your intake problem now would it not?

Be sure to ask NHTSA how when a chain drops & as a vicarious result it takes out the function of the brake vacuum pump & no different than in later cars which were recalled already, right? so its not like it isn't safety related now isn't it?

What's this all about anyway below?

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/vw-p...s-powered-cars

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ed-cars-in-u-s

https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/605

14. Likes dannation liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, four months later, I finally ran a compression test. Had some serious family stuff going on and couldn't focus on this. Anyway, compression is zero on all four cylinders, so that is awesome (sarcasm). When it turns over, you can hear the valves or something smacking around. The engine is toast. VAG will do absolutely nothing after numerous calls and emails. NHTSA reports have been filed and all i hear is crickets. Dealership will obviously work on it but at what cost. I do not plan on tackling this as a DIY. Talked to my local VW indy shop, they said they advised to sell it as parts or on peddle.com. Said its not even worth replacing it as the cost for parts and labor far exceed the value of the vehicle. Anyway, thats it. The car is going to the scrap heap and I am done. Thanks for all the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you express how dangerous of a situation this imposes to NHTSA in addition to issues with GHG output to EPA before failure in follow up complaints?

Did you talk to your State DMV and DOT or a lawyer?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted all who would listen. The story is that the Tiguan is outside of the 10 year 100k extended warranty that is specific to this failure. All parties state that nothing will be done. Why would I pursue litigation on something that has already been litigated and determined as a reasonable solution. Does this need to be a recall? Of course it does. Will it go beyond 10 years and 100k? likely never. DMV states there is nothing they can do about it. NHTSA has been made aware of the issue countless times.

Now, if you can point to a source that states VW honored the repair outside of the 10 year 100k extended warranty, then I would be more than happy to continue conversation. Otherwise, it's all a moot point and quite frankly a waste of time.

This on top of the constant faulty water pumps, the constant intake manifold issues. The main seal issues. This engine is trash and I am officially done.