Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest LCode version

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Niels,

looks good so far. I really like the new way of adressing Bytes but I also noticed some quirks:
    • The progress bar is a bit of, as it does not seem to underline the currently active byte. I wonder if colouring the byte in the code string could be better.
    • Entering a byte number in the new rolling field behaves a bit weird. Entering a number to high will still display labeled bits, as the last byte is accessed. The user should be made aware, that the byte entered is off-range (maybe acoustically) and the value should directly be changed to an in-range value, as oposed as doing so after leaving the field
    • A Byte without documentation will retain the checkboxes from the previously selected byte, albeit without documentation values (as seen in module A5 3Q0-980-654-G with Byte 15)
    • Searching only works once. If a string is found more than once, you can't reach it. Searching it will switch to the first byte it is found. You then can not continue the search, as it will always only found the first one. I also got the error message that ["" is not a valid integer] upon searching, but could not detect a reason for this issue.
    • Searching doesn't highlight all bytes, the string was found. This was available in earlier incarnations, as far as I remember.

2. Likes NEtech liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAx View Post
    1. The progress bar is a bit of, as it does not seem to underline the currently active byte. I wonder if colouring the byte in the code string could be better.
    2. Entering a byte number in the new rolling field behaves a bit weird. Entering a number to high will still display labeled bits, as the last byte is accessed. The user should be made aware, that the byte entered is off-range (maybe acoustically) and the value should directly be changed to an in-range value, as oposed as doing so after leaving the field
    3. A Byte without documentation will retain the checkboxes from the previously selected byte, albeit without documentation values (as seen in module A5 3Q0-980-654-G with Byte 15)
    4. Searching only works once. If a string is found more than once, you can't reach it. Searching it will switch to the first byte it is found. You then can not continue the search, as it will always only found the first one. I also got the error message that ["" is not a valid integer] upon searching, but could not detect a reason for this issue.
    5. Searching doesn't highlight all bytes, the string was found. This was available in earlier incarnations, as far as I remember.
    First, I cannot change color for single bytes in the long coding edit box.
    Can you (or other) tell me why it is really necessary to know, where you are at the long Byte string?
    Does that give any extra information?
    Yes we have been used to it with the old version, but that takes a lot of space, to show all Bytes separately.
    There is the currently shown Byte number, the current Byte value and the current Byte Value in Binary, that is important

1) I have changed font to fixed, else it does not work, I chosen "Letter Gothic" I hope many has that.
    2) I suggest to use Ctrl End, yes I fix the wrong to high Byte number to the current max available number, thanks.
    3) I am not sure I understand, please make screen shot
    Also explain what situation you are describing: Used in VCDS, just Coding value no label file, with label file...
    4) It shows the Byte numbers, and goes to the first found Byte number, you can then go to the other byte numbers showed.
    5) Search cannot highlight as before.

Last edited by NEtech; 06-07-2020 at 12:30 PM. Reason: picture

4. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NEtech View Post
    First, I cannot change color for single bytes in the long coding edit box.
    Can you (or other) tell me why it is really necessary to know, where you are at the long Byte string?
    Does that give any extra information?
    Yes we have been used to it with the old version, but that takes a lot of space, to show all Bytes separately.
    There is the currently shown Byte number, the current Byte value and the current Byte Value in Binary, that is important
    It's probably not. We are just used to it.

Of course I can elaborate on #3. This GIF should display, what is meant:

Basically it leaves checkboxes behind for undocumented bytes. Drop downs are removed in contrast. It also illustrates the problem with the progressbar, but you already fixed that.

I also noticed #6: Preference for XPL over LBL as default type is not yet saved in LCode.ini. Not sure if it should, but I would like it.

As for the searching: I have not yet found a way to go to the next byte, where my search text is found. Could you please advise.

6. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you please post the xpl file here, I cannot stop the gif it just fast.

8. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not txt but I made a screen grab of it https://media.trillian.im/media/?m=a...ULXIV73QuTODnL

Post Thanks / Like
    Test version 7.

Here is an search example.
    Text found in Byte 15 and 16, automatic goes to the first found (15), you can then press arrow up (keyboard) or icon arrow up or change 15 to 16 direct.

Ini file corrected.

Are there anyone who does not see "Courier size: 12", bottom right ?
    Double click to remove it, until Alpha 8.

11. Likes Uwe, Boki Ar, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alpha 8, also added conversion of values.
    Only values that are used in VCDS.
    Some are probably missing.

13. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Latest test Alpha 9.

15. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alpha 10, bug in language selection.

17. Likes Uwe, Dana, Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I discovered two issues.

First issue is with the latest LCode version but also with the version that is shipped with VCDS.

Example LBL/XPL
    Code:
    LC,00,1~4,I,INFO: hadez16 hint
    LC,00,5~7,00,Coding thing,1
    LC,00,5~7,20,Coding thing,2
    LC,00,5~7,40,Coding thing,3
    LC,00,5~7,60,Coding thing,4
    LC,00,5~7,80,Coding thing,5
    That syntax comes from a real label file, I just changed the labels.

Now open LCode and type "80" for Byte 0.
    Load XPL/LBL above.

The second dropdown does not represent the coded value.
    Not initially when loading the XPL/LBL into LCode, and not when changing the value in the dropdown.

Why is that?

Second issue with the latest LCode Alpha:

Open LCode.
    You're not able to enter e.g. Hex "80" for Byte 0 and hit Enter.
    Nothing happens. I'd expect that Bit 7 is checked. That works in old LCode versions.
    Last edited by hadez16; 06-21-2020 at 08:22 AM.

19. Likes Uwe, Dana, NEtech liked this post