Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest LCode version

Post Thanks / Like

Latest LCode version

Post Thanks / Like
    German LCode 1.0.9.10, translated by Sebastian, for download here LCode-10910-DE.rar

{1.0.9.9}
    {Save Extension=LBL in LCode.ini as default}
    {1.0.9.10}
    {Changed German text (Sebastian Stange)}

3. Likes AIB Wolfgang, Sebastian, Uwe, hadez16, TBAx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not work correctly.

I configured XPL as default extension. This does work for one time. After closing LCode.exe, LCode.ini states again "LBL" as default extension.

It did work with the previous english version with that feature announced (other thread).

5. Likes NEtech liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    {1.0.9.11}
    {Save Extension=LBL in LCode.ini as default if not XPL is used}

Downloads:
    LCode-10911-UK.rar
    LCode-10911-FR.rar
    LCode-10911-DE.rar
    LCode-10911-SE.rar
    LCode-10911-NL.rar
    LCode-10911-CZ.rar

7. Likes Uwe, Boki Ar, hadez16, Sebastian, Eric, Jacek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Test version with hadez16 improvement, updated in #1.
    {1.0.9.12}
    {Enter search string for text in coding explanation}

9. Likes Uwe, andyhud, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LCode updated in #1.
    {1.0.9.13}
    {Bug with 3 pull down menus and single bit setting}
    {Reset search result(s) when focus on search box (and double click)}
    {Added a few string for translation}

11. Likes Boki Ar, Uwe, Dana, Adam liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

@Netech:
    There is is a very very very nasty bug in the latest version(s) of LCode!
    I can confirm this bug in the version 1.0.9.13 and I can confirm that version 1.0.9.6 is without this bug. Rest of the versions I haven't tried.

Here are the steps how to reproduce:
    1.) Launch LCode
    2.) Click "Read info text file", First you need to paste a coding message appears, click OK
    3.) Click again "Read info text file" and select file MFAXPSW04.lbl from the VCDS labels directory
    4.) In byte 0 check bites 2,3,4
    5.) In byte 0 bites 0-1 select value 00 instead of the default 01
    6.) Bang, there we go - changing any multi bit value causes unchecking some of the checked checkboxes!
    Unfortunately same happens in every unit which has multi bit values in coding.

When an user doesn't pay attention, it can lead some unpredictable results and malfunctions of various car features

13. Likes NEtech liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to fix a special combination of single Bit and different number of multibyte definitions.
    But then there is just another untested, special combination
    I have not tested all combinations now, I will try and make a configuration to test many/all combinations.

LCode updated in #1.
    {1.0.9.14}
    {Bug again with mixed menus and single bit setting}

15. Likes Eric, icardiag, PetrolDave, andyhud, Sebastian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    NEtech: Hi.
    I'm deeply traumatized and I had to re-load the new .exe file a few times to confirm my initial incredulity.

With the preface that I intend absolutely no offense and with an acknowledgment that I am one of the biggest fans of LCode - I must advise that your new software has shaken the very foundations of my "numbers world".

It is with much trepidation that I tentatively suggest that the latest incarnation of LCode appears to have misplaced Byte 0. I emphasize the term "appear" because I half suspect that I am misunderstanding something. However, the fundamentals of the hexadecimal numbering system hasn't changed since well before I was a bespeckled geeky kid trying to understand why the human brain should be inflicted with a base 16 numbering system (and that was a very, very long time ago)!

It was bad enuff when the ODIS designers made the same error, but the sanctuary of VCDS's adherence to the correct nomenclature provided a satisfying refuge for those of us that expect mathematical normalcy in devices that use hexadecimal numbers!

Yes, ODIS is also used by lots of VCDS folk - but I suspect even more VCDS users have never been aware of the ODIS numbering error. And in any event, I'm not sure that this is a sufficient reason for violating one of the basic tenets of the civilized world (OK, perhaps a tad over-the-top)!

As a long time user of your work, my plea is - please don't allow the tail to wag the dog!!

Don

PS: if you retain a non-Byte 0 hexadecimal numbering protocol - will you do the same for the Binary numbering system - Shirley not?
    Last edited by DV52; 05-31-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

17. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I don't quite understand what you are telling, asking.
    Is this wrong:

Now starting at Byte 0.

Here is a short text (from earlier), of the test version.

Here are some different information about this first test (Alpha) version.

If there is long or short coding in Windows clipboard, and LCode is started (not from VCDS), the coding is inserted.
    When closing LCode, the current coding is copied into Windows clipboard, if not wanted then define this in ini file: Copy-Clip=0 (Std.), if wanted: Copy-Clip=1

There is a new Spin button where arrows from keyboard can be used, Up increase Byte value!
    Also mouse (or touch) can be used to "walk" through the Bytes, with spin buttons.

It is possible to drag and drop LBL or XPL files to LCode Window.

Different languages can be translated easier using *.PO files, with for example POedit.
    The language files are inside the exe file, there are only one LCode exe file and a ini (configuration file).
    Languages can be changed as you wish, the language that is chosen before quitting, is defined in ini file and used next time.

Label files could be saved in UTF8, so it could be showed correct in all languages, but that is not possible, for text that VCDS shows, it must be ANSI text.
    But it would be possible to make a sign in the label file to let LCode show text in UTF, if the text should only be showed in LCode.
    But there would probably not be so many files.
    Now LCode will show label text as UTF if definition in ini file is: UTF-file=1
    So for now it would always be UTF-file=0 (Std.)

If Coding Byte length is above 52 Byte, Window is maximized in width and placed at the bottom of the screen.

Keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl 1, Ctrl 2, Ctrl 3, Ctrl 4, Ctrl 5, Ctrl O, F1, Alt F1

There are still some things not finished and others have to be made (Use of special Byte, Binary data).

Download exe file here. (alpha 4).

19. Likes Uwe, DV52, Boki Ar, PetrolDave, Dana, AINils liked this post