Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascade a electrical failures fixed but now no steering angle signal

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    MERRY XMAS!

ARE YOU GOING TO STOP YOUR BULLSHIT SPECULATION ALREADY?

https://i.postimg.cc/ssJL1hS7/SAS.png?dl=1

so the cliff notes version of the above:

you believe that the steering angle sensor has been damaged from the install of the wrong ver. of the steering control module.
    that it would be worth a try changing it out along with the steering control module..

ok now we are getting somewhere
    thanks i will let you know how it goes.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    so the cliff notes version of the above:

you believe that the steering angle sensor has been damaged from the install of the wrong ver. of the steering control module.
    that it would be worth a try changing it out along with the steering control module..

ok now we are getting somewhere
    thanks i will let you know how it goes.

Nope, did you know you get an F?
    Did you verify the FOD and go buy the RTFB yet?

Time to un-pimp the auto!

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly what are you suggesting has been damaged?
    you go on and on about FOD what exactly are you thinking was damaged?

did i buy a shop manual, no because i will never work on another mk5 jetta after the experience with this one so it would just be more waste of money.

I am here for help so i dont have to waste anymore money on this car.

you might be the most qualified person here to help solve this problem but you spend more time looking for memes and
    insulting comments than giving useful input .

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly are you suggesting has been damaged?
    you go on and on about FOD what exactly are you thinking was damaged?

did i buy a shop manual, no because i will never work on another mk5 jetta after the experience with this one so it would just be more waste of money.

I am here for help so i dont have to waste anymore money on this car.

you might be the most qualified person here to help solve this problem but you spend more time looking for memes and
    insulting comments than giving useful input .

The forum is not a substitute for the RTFB!, ever notice that each of most of my posts are questions and to protect me for liability purposes to not instruct?

When someone deliberately defies the correct path for a diagnostic or work procedure and than argues why why why, what do you expect, I go to extra asshole mode?

What is so hard about installing the proper parts and verifying if parts are compatible & to rule out FOD using the RTFB?

Does the new column you have contain the SAS & did you see the notes in the aforementioned illustration for Captain Fuckaroo?

Ask questions that are not fragmented and showing you have the proper materials to engage a qualified repair or diagnostic process and maybe you will get the help you need, huh?

"I'm getting rid of the car whine whine whine, I have been playing with this problem for 4 years and still have my thumb in my ass", who does this sound like?

JPPSG

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 12-18-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    The answers you seek are indeed in this thread, are they not now huh & should you read the thread using common sense & by isolation of your own shitty work details, further using the RTFB materials as suggested to answer self evident answers by questions & to remove all FOD, right everyone?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Does the new column you have contain the SAS & did you see the notes in the aforementioned illustration for Captain Fuckaroo?"

yes and yes

whats your point?

the part numbers of both sas are the same, clock spring was taken from the old column along with the standard steering wheel.

i know every inch of everything around the column and recognize everything in the illustration.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Does the new column you have contain the SAS & did you see the notes in the aforementioned illustration for Captain Fuckaroo?"

yes and yes

whats your point?

the part numbers of both sas are the same, clock spring was taken from the old column along with the standard steering wheel.

i know every inch of everything around the column and recognize everything in the illustration.

Does your car have electro-mechanical steering rack?

Does the column you have now or both new and old columns have an SAS within the the column? You said yes!

WHAT'S THIS SAY?

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 12-18-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does your car have electro-mechanical steering rack?

Does the column you have now or both new and old columns have an SAS within the the column? You said yes!
    yes and yes.
    every 2006 jetta that i have seen has electro mechanical steering, didnt think there was any other option in 2006 jetta. maybe a manual rack? but i have yet to see one.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes and yes.
    every 2006 jetta that i have seen has electro mechanical steering, didnt think there was any other option in 2006 jetta. maybe a manual rack? but i have yet to see one.

Non electro mechanical rack is an option in the RTFB and microfiche huh?

Than why does your columns have the SAS in them and not the steering gear if you have the aforementioned, do you see the possibility of FOD?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post185390

Should you count on this because sometimes you can't?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_a...tion_in_Europe

Germany Yes Yes No The format dd.mm.yyyy using dots (which denote ordinal numbering) is the traditional German date format.[60] Since 1996-05-01, the international format yyyy-mm-dd has become the official standard date format, but the handwritten form d. mmmm yyyy is also accepted (see DIN 5008). Standardisation applies to all applications in the scope of the standard including uses in government, education, engineering and sciences. Since 2006, the old format (d)d.(m)m.(yy)yy is allowed again as alternative to the yyyy-mm-dd format in areas where there is no risk of ambiguation. See Date and time notation in Europe. DIN ISO 8601:2006-09, used in DIN 5008:2011-04[61]
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 12-18-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Than why does your columns have the SAS in them and not the steering gear if you have the aforementioned, do you see the possibility or FOD?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post185390

Should you count on this because sometimes you can't?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_a...tion_in_Europe
    both cars have the same rack the same sas
    they had different steering wheels one being a highline and the other not.
    from what i have seen in comparability lists that the highline steering control module will work in a lower model but not the other way around.
    throwing out the possibility of comparability issues the "said to be correct" module was installed and made little difference.