VCDS-Mobile ASAM data is missing for EV_BCMMQB

iridiumx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=291011
I have never successfully fully downoad DS ASAM data.

After using the HEX-NET to do an Auto Scan, when selecting Central Electronics, it will say No ASAM Data found locally. It will check server for updates. Most of the time it will not start downloading. or it would start downloading and never gets completed. In some instances , it would even say no ASAM data found in server. Module maybe not be currently supported or ReDir fail.

If I then connect HEX-NET to PC, using the VCIConfig to check for updates, it will successfully download some DS data.. the largest file size i've seen is 357kb. If i then connect the HEX-NET to the vehicle and use my vcds mobile (or browser), connecting to central electronics would result in no ASAM data found again. This goes on and on. I'm not entirely sure what data is downloaded or not. Or which module would require ASAM data. I've tried ABS module. Engine, and a few others. I wasnt prompted for no ASAM data.

If I would to connect the HEX-NET via USB again and use VCIConfig to check for updates, it will say update found. The entire thing just keeps going in a loop.

Is the server missing some DS data for HEX-NET?

IF i would to use it with USB connection and VCDS application, it works fine.

The network test pings are quite high too. averaging highs 200ms. even on solid wired internet connection.

Please someone advise. Thank you!

Best regards
Sam

iridiumx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=291011
I have never successfully fully downoad DS ASAM data.

After using the HEX-NET to do an Auto Scan, when selecting Central Electronics, it will say No ASAM Data found locally. It will check server for updates. Most of the time it will not start downloading. or it would start downloading and never gets completed. In some instances , it would even say no ASAM data found in server. Module maybe not be currently supported or ReDir fail.

If I then connect HEX-NET to PC, using the VCIConfig to check for updates, it will successfully download some DS data.. the largest file size i've seen is 357kb. If i then connect the HEX-NET to the vehicle and use my vcds mobile (or browser), connecting to central electronics would result in no ASAM data found again. This goes on and on. I'm not entirely sure what data is downloaded or not. Or which module would require ASAM data. I've tried ABS module. Engine, and a few others. I wasnt prompted for no ASAM data.

If I would to connect the HEX-NET via USB again and use VCIConfig to check for updates, it will say update found. The entire thing just keeps going in a loop.

Is the server missing some DS data for HEX-NET?

IF i would to use it with USB connection and VCDS application, it works fine.

The network test pings are quite high too. averaging highs 200ms. even on solid wired internet connection.

Please someone advise. Thank you!

Best regards
Sam

VCDS autoscan logs shows these for cent. elect.

ASAM Dataset: EV_BCMMQB 019001
ROD: EV_BCMBOSCH_019_VW37.rod
VCID: FDB2ABD06C6B04A772-80A8

But for some reason just wont work on HEX-NET mobile.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Sam,

I moved your posts from this thread into a new one because your issue appears to be different.

Your HEX-NET is on the Release channel which may not be ideal for this 2019 MY BCM. Please try switching to the Beta channel using the |Advanced| tab of VCIConfig followed by [Change Channel] and downloading the new DataSet before exiting VCIConfig.

If you are still unable to download the BCM ROD file please post a scan from PC based VCDS in addition to a saved Mobile scan so we can determine what's necessary to get this resolved.

Regards,
Dana

Reactions: Uwe

iridiumx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=291011
Hi Dana,

After a few more tries updating in Beta channel, it seems to work. Ill monitor from here on. Thanks!

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I think I'm having a similar issue. I ran an auto scan on a 2019 VW Tiguan SEL-Premium and got the no ASAM Data error. I tried updating to the latest Beta, but still get the error. When I try to download it stalls at 6kb.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Are you downloading with VCDS-Mobile or VCIConfig? Try connecting with usb and downloading the update with VCIConfig.

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
I did that, then plugged back into the vehicle and ran auto scan again. got the same "ASAM Data missing" message. Clicked Download, and it starts but hangs at 6kb. I am also now getting the "SD Critical" error when logging in to VCDS mobile. EDIT: did the 50 second reset and the "SD Critical" Error went away. I have re-downloaded the data and will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
I was able to run a successful auto scan this morning with no errors.

Thanks.

MartinVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=337131
Hello, I have still troubles with ASAM dataset. I tried to update it via mobile phone interface and it stalls on some percantege and didn't continue. Then I tried to download it also via VCI config on my PC and it also didn't help me. The 50 sec. reset I tried also. Should I try to reset it again?

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
You can try, in mobile, [Options] -> [Clear ROD files] and then autoscan again.

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
same issue here.. did a autoscan and the hex failed to download asam data.. stalls on 6kb. Connected the hex via usb and scanned the car with no issues. Scan with vcds on laptop in infrastructure mode ok.
No updates available in config tool. For me the vcds mobile is not working as i hoped. The mobile feature was my nr.1 for upgrading.
Any server issues?
possible to force update vi laptop?

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
What I had to do was this:

1) Do the 50 second reset trick (need to leave plugged in to USB for a few seconds after releasing the button)
2) use VCDS Windows client to change to BETA
3) check for updates

My HEX-NET then updated to the latest BETA build and when I ran a scan on my 2019 Tiguan, it had all the ASAM data.

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
Does this delete everything on the hex? (settings)
Just press and hold the button for 50 seconds?

Edit: No updates after reset..

cb: 0.4513
fw: 0.256

Last edited:

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
It should clear the contents of the memory and all settings.

with the USB cable plugged in to your windows system hold the red button for 50 seconds. When you release it you will hear a long beep. wait 30 - 45 seconds and then unplug the USB cable. plug the cable back in and then check for updates. That's what I did and it downloaded the data. I was then able to get a successful autoscan.

HEX-NET CB: 0.4513.4
VCDS Mobile 0.4513.0.4

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
Nope.. Did all that,and still no update. did a new scan and was asked for asam update. think it updated, but did not get any verification of that. New scan.. still that F.. asam update loop!
Can use it wireless with my computer, but realy wanted i to work with my phone/iPad.
Can of course skip the asam update, but dont know what information i dont get..
also get eprom read error for the vin when scanning with vcds mobile.. ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
also get eprom read error for the vin when scanning with vcds mobile.. ?
If VCDS-Mobile can't get a VIN, I could see that causing confusion with the ASAM update.

-Uwe-

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
Not always getting the eprom error. What could be the reason for that error?

MartinVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=337131
ROD files cleared and still missing ASAM data. any ideas?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
ROD files cleared and still missing ASAM data. any ideas?
After you cleared ROD data, have you run a new Auto-Scan with VCDS-Mobile, followed by updating the HEX-NET, either directly or with VCIConfig?

-Uwe-

MartinVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=337131
I didn't do the update again, so now it works without any problems with ASAM data. Thank you!

Back