HEX-NET DS update taking forever...

frixus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287925
Hi

I am having trouble doing an update of my HEX-NET device. It is specifically the DS update, that is taking forever - meaning close to 8 hours!
I have uninstalled antivirus, tried different cables (new high quality ones), different PC's (Dell Precision 7710, Lenovo T560 running Windows 10 Pro), but the result is the same. The update will succeed, but the wait is looooooong.

The update is shown in the picture:

VL6b6jU.jpg

Then I activated the beta channel and tried again with new cable and another PC:

VNQIUZM.jpg

Can anyone help? Somewhere on this forum I read that an SD card is in the HEX-NET and could be the cause of the problem - can anyone verify that?

Regards Michael

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
The images don't show - it appears you've used the wrong link on imgur, you need the ones ending in .jpg

I copied the links into a new browser window and added .jpg to the end and the images show then :thumbs:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi

I am having trouble doing an update of my HEX-NET device. It is specifically the DS update, that is taking forever - meaning close to 8 hours!
I have uninstalled antivirus, tried different cables (new high quality ones), different PC's (Dell Precision 7710, Lenovo T560 running Windows 10 Pro), but the result is the same. The update will succeed, but the wait is looooooong.

The update is shown in the picture:

VL6b6jU

Then I activated the beta channel and tried again with new cable and another PC:

VNQIUZM

Can anyone help? Somewhere on this forum I read that an SD card is in the HEX-NET and could be the cause of the problem - can anyone verify that?

Regards Michael

Hi Michael,

This could be a SD card issue so I'm reaching out to your Distributor to see if he can make arrangements to get you a replacement. Please bump this back up if you don't hear from one of us tomorrow.

Best,
Dana

P.S. Per Dave's comments, changing the URLs in your 1st post to

https://i.imgur.com/VL6b6jU.jpg
and
https://i.imgur.com/VNQIUZM.jpg

should allow them to show properly in forum.

frixus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287925
Thank you very much. The distributor has already reached out to me. This is excellent service!

Regards Michael

Back