Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Audi A7 2016 disabling Nav & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Audi A7 2016 disabling Nav & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed

    On my previous Audi A6 2010 (US), I used the following adaptation to disable these annoying warning messages:

    Disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed
    [5F - Information Electr.] -> Adaptation -> Set channel 2 & 3 to 250

    Has anyone figured out if there are similar adaptations for the 2016 Audi A7 (and A6)? It appears the adaptations have changed significantly (Module 5F), but in the long list of adaptions (painful to scroll thru), I can't seem to find enabling the hidden green menu nor the adaptations to set the speed when a warning shows (100 mph seems reasonable to get a warning).

    Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Verified VCDS User Spacewalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think possible is via VCP like Video In Motion.
    That "Option" allow you to adjust "input data depend of speed" almost every part of menu
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

  3. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    i think possible is via VCP like Video In Motion.
    That "Option" allow you to adjust "input data depend of speed" almost every part of menu

    I was hoping that as well, but I can't find any documented adaptations that mention "speed" in the Module 5F/Adadations list. The older MMI systems used 2 & 3 to set the warning for nav/phone. These are not listed on the Audi A7 2016 facelift model. Has anyone found them?

  4. #4
    Verified VCDS User Spacewalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alextdejong View Post
    I was hoping that as well, but I can't find any documented adaptations that mention "speed" in the Module 5F/Adadations list. The older MMI systems used 2 & 3 to set the warning for nav/phone. These are not listed on the Audi A7 2016 facelift model. Has anyone found them?
    well. old VCP was just able to change speed for Video In Motion
    but latest SW i seen is many options, i did VIM in my Mk7 , and i seen soo many options for input data depend of speed
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

  5. #5
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could you provide a few examples of which adaptation channels are related to speed and which ones might help turn off the warning disclaimer for making a phone call or entering an address?

  6. #6
    Verified VCDS User Spacewalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alextdejong View Post
    Could you provide a few examples of which adaptation channels are related to speed and which ones might help turn off the warning disclaimer for making a phone call or entering an address?
    VCP not show what address, they just show function, and I am sure ...depend of unit, might show different description.
    So better get some1 who use VCP and you can test on your car
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

  7. #7
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    VCP,doesnt show adress because its not just a adaption edit. You habe to change dataset in eeprom

  8. #8
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Ross-Tech VCDS and an ODBEleven. Can either of these tools get that eeprom dataset info?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •