Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi A4 B9 10 Park Assist option missing

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vastechnics View Post
    8W is B9 friend.
    No where in my autoscan it mentions 8w? Only thing I can see is F4-AU49 (4M1)?
    Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Blackline (CEGA)
    Retrofitted RLS, Autolights, Footwell Lights, RVC, W8 Passat interior lights

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrehsi View Post
    How do you know if it is the 8w model? Most of audi forums are saying VCDS can be used to code the front pdc in Address 9 Centl Elect.
    You believe "the internet" more than siLc and vastechnics.
    It is an 8W.

Audi show it:

You can try and choose the car in "AutoScan" Selection, it shows:
    8W - Audi A4/S4/RS4 B9 (2016 >)

3. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NEtech View Post
    You believe "the internet" more than siLc and vastechnics.
    It is an 8W.

Audi show it:

You can try and choose the car in "AutoScan" Selection, it shows:
    8W - Audi A4/S4/RS4 B9 (2016 >)
    Thank you NEtech not doubting anybody's intelligence I am just gathering information as I go along.

Thank you for confirming its an 8w as AutoScan was not clear.

I guess VCDS is limited in this case as per siLc and vastechnics
    Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Blackline (CEGA)
    Retrofitted RLS, Autolights, Footwell Lights, RVC, W8 Passat interior lights

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it should be possible with Coding, try:
    [09] make Byte 28 Bit 5 and Byte 38 Bit 0 active.

Experimental coding is available.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrehsi View Post
    No where in my autoscan it mentions 8w? Only thing I can see is F4-AU49 (4M1)?
    Almost every module's part number begins with 8W in the vehicle's autoscan.

Chassis type at the start of every autoscan used to be a good indicator of the vehicle model but it no longer is because different vehicles sharing a common platform may have similar elements in the chassis type code. Hence the "4M1", which is the current Q7 type 4M but it's not a Q7...

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by siLc View Post
    Chassis type at the start of every autoscan used to be a good indicator of the vehicle model but it no longer is because different vehicles sharing a common platform may have similar elements in the chassis type code. Hence the "4M1", which is the current Q7 type 4M but it's not a Q7...
    The "4M1" comes from the car's Gateway part number, which is of course the first thing that VCDS needs to talk to in order to figure out what else it can talk to.

When I want to see what chassis a car is, I usually look at the instrument cluster part number; those almost always start with the "Real" chassis code.

Unfortunately, the standards for VINs have made it impractical to use '8' in the 7th digit. This started in the US, but it seems to have spread. See the section under the model-year chart here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicl..._year_encoding

Specifically:
    "if position seven is numeric, the model year in position 10 of the VIN refers to a year in the range 1980–2009. If position seven is alphabetic, the model year in position 10 of VIN refers to a year in the range 2010–2039."

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. Done it too on a number of A4 B9 (8W)'s. You need a new parameter set for the BCM1 Module (09) to get full park assist working. You can code it up in Module 09 and it may "sort of" work but the full config you need new/additional parameter data. Once that is done and applied you'll find the whole lot works.

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

10. Likes m87a liked this post