NOx capacity

gabrjel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=306473
Hi

I asked for times, but never got answer.
I was searching for place where I can find real state of AdBlue tank.

Recently I got warning "less than 2000km on adblue, fill out tank"
I drove 1200km, and rest with 800km

I searched all possible channels and found in engine IDE3142 - Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency.

before filling adblue tank:
BOGS2xf.png

After adding 15L!
2Crb2PA.png

15L and 5000km ?

It's quite incorrect, I'm doing usually 15000km

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have never found "real state of tank" in some of these cars.

It's almost like VW is trying to hide this, because then it would be easy to see that the car uses less than one might expect it to. ;)

5000 km may not change for quite some time. The only way to be sure is to check it regularly.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Is there even a float (or other type) gauge in the reductant tank?

Without that then any information on the remaining distance is nothing more than a wet finger guess in the dark.

Given that VW have been accused of detecting when a test cycle in progress and increasing reductant use it seems very possible (even probable) that the estimates may be based on reductant usage during a test cycle and not real world (lower) usage?

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is there even a float (or other type) gauge in the reductant tank?
I don't think it's a float-type sensor, but there's definitely a reductant quality sensor in there, and I think doubles as some sort of level sensor?

-Uwe-

Mika_M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=183725
I don't think it's a float-type sensor, but there's definitely a reductant quality sensor in there, and I think doubles as some sort of level sensor?

SSP 424 states that there is indeed a level sensor G697 in AdBlue tank. But you are right, it is not a float type sensor. There are only four electrodes of different length, one of which is the reference electrode. So there are only three levels that can be measured, top, middle and bottom. Everything else is only based on assumptions and calculations.

So there is no way of getting absolute raw value of AdBlue tank level, only the best estimate that engine control unit has calculated.

Back