2013 VW Touareg from Salvage Auctions No Key

sasha

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287611
Greetings all, hoping for some assistance in getting my 2013 Touareg working as purchased from a salvage auctions without an ignition key.

I managed to track down a donor car with almost all electronics still in tact so I've taken bcm1 and bcm2 and its ignition key. Installed it into my car however ignition is still not turning on - it "spits out" the key when I twist it and dash doesn't light up (just milage and time shows up).. car however reacts to the remote door lock/unlock being pressed..

What other module(s) will I need to get my Touareg ignition on and engine start (after visit to the dealer to get the component protection removed i assume)?

Morski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90186
Lots of other modules will be VIN attached, eg gateway, engine ecu, clocks etc. Too many ecus in the toe-rag iirc
I would suggest you would be better off keeping the original ecus and getting a set of keys ordered from the dealer or finding someone who can code used keys online.

Reactions: Uwe

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Lots of other modules will be VIN attached, eg gateway, engine ecu, clocks etc. Too many ecus in the toe-rag iirc
I would suggest you would be better off keeping the original ecus and getting a set of keys ordered from the dealer or finding someone who can code used keys online.

You can't code online used keys.

It's possible to erase/set to factory state an already used key and then using data from BCM2 prepare it and learn it to car.

Morski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90186
You can't code online used keys.

It's possible to erase/set to factory state an already used key and then using data from BCM2 prepare it and learn it to car.

True dat 1 meant say some who can recode used keys.

sasha

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287611
Thanks fellas!

Anyone in Australia who can do this? Or even if I post overseas the bcm2 and key?

sasha

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287611
My VW dealer doesn't know what they are doing unfortunately..

I recently took Skoda Kodiaq to them which somehow had lost its basic settings on drivers front electric seat (as reported by module) and they were swapping memory buttons from passenger seat to see if it would fix the issue.. Maybe it is in an official repair manual but that didn't sound right to me so I walked away and told them not to worry as the car was sold and new owner was advised to take it to their closets VW dealer instead.

Back