Thread: 2013 VW Touareg from Salvage Auctions No Key

Post Thanks / Like

2013 VW Touareg from Salvage Auctions No Key

Greetings all, hoping for some assistance in getting my 2013 Touareg working as purchased from a salvage auctions without an ignition key.

I managed to track down a donor car with almost all electronics still in tact so I've taken bcm1 and bcm2 and its ignition key. Installed it into my car however ignition is still not turning on - it "spits out" the key when I twist it and dash doesn't light up (just milage and time shows up).. car however reacts to the remote door lock/unlock being pressed..

What other module(s) will I need to get my Touareg ignition on and engine start (after visit to the dealer to get the component protection removed i assume)?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of other modules will be VIN attached, eg gateway, engine ecu, clocks etc. Too many ecus in the toe-rag iirc
    I would suggest you would be better off keeping the original ecus and getting a set of keys ordered from the dealer or finding someone who can code used keys online.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    Lots of other modules will be VIN attached, eg gateway, engine ecu, clocks etc. Too many ecus in the toe-rag iirc
    I would suggest you would be better off keeping the original ecus and getting a set of keys ordered from the dealer or finding someone who can code used keys online.
    You can't code online used keys.

It's possible to erase/set to factory state an already used key and then using data from BCM2 prepare it and learn it to car.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

5. Likes Uwe, Jetta ,97, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    You can't code online used keys.

It's possible to erase/set to factory state an already used key and then using data from BCM2 prepare it and learn it to car.
    True dat 1 meant say some who can recode used keys.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fellas!

Anyone in Australia who can do this? Or even if I post overseas the bcm2 and key?

Post Thanks / Like
    Your best solution will be Vw Dealer .
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

9. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My VW dealer doesn't know what they are doing unfortunately..

I recently took Skoda Kodiaq to them which somehow had lost its basic settings on drivers front electric seat (as reported by module) and they were swapping memory buttons from passenger seat to see if it would fix the issue.. Maybe it is in an official repair manual but that didn't sound right to me so I walked away and told them not to worry as the car was sold and new owner was advised to take it to their closets VW dealer instead.