T1 Touareg LED reverse bulbs

Big_lou44

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317870
Hi guys, quick question here for some fellow members at clubtouareg. A couple people are having trouble finding error free bulbs that work with that model. I know on the T3 you can turn off rear bulb diagnostics in the adaption channels for a similar mod. Does anyone know if this is possible with the T1? Or is this one of those times where these guys are gonna have to install resistors to get what they want? Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I doubt that's possible. The T1's electronics were designed in the early 2000s before white LEDs were a thing, and before there was much flexibility to lighting configuration.

-Uwe-

Big_lou44

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317870
Thanks for the reply Uwe. I’ll pass it along. I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure with the big guns

vinnie_russo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157801
To the OP:

You may have already tried this (or know of this on-line vendor), but just in case deAutoLED (http://deautokey.com) has a lot of VW specific LED bulbs.
I have successfully used error-free LED bulbs from them on a variety of VAG vehicles - not on a Touareg though.

They might have something your group could use, and they stand behind their product.

Hope this helps.

Big_lou44

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317870
Thanks vinnie, deautokey has a profile who is pretty active there. I guess they were bought from there and some other sources but this fella was having issues still, and deautokey was trying to help but stated those bulbs were tough to figure out. Thanks for the reply’s!

Back