Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ACC Retrofit Working (module good), but Not Working (no ACC)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ABS module has no CP. You might be able to use your current coding or not. But that’s not an issue. I’m sure we will have a collective effort and generate the code for you

I know repair wires are expensive but the problem was that at that time I did this (2 years ago) I could not find the pins anywhere on ebay. Dealer priced them as expensive as the repair wires so all the same for me. Luckily the connector wasn’t very expensive. Less than 20€.

And I can add the EPB pins to the document as I have Elsa on my desktop machine.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ebay object 223487907520
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    sorry about the ABS thing man. I believe you're on a roll now and you better just keep on going.
    Absolutely! Chasing sunk costs has never deterred me before, so why start now?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    It’s a shitty job unfortunately. I had to do it to our Leon as I did the same retrofit as you.

Brake lines and ABS holder are the same BUT the electrical connector is different. MK100ESP has 38pin connector and IPB has 46pin. To make things worse the pins in the connector are also different

I should have the connector pin differences file somewhere. I’ll check it and I can provide it by email for example.

Oh and the ABS part number. If you want the best look for 3Q0 907 379 AB. That supports everything.
    So, is there a way to determine whether the part number I'm looking at is MK100ESP, or my desired/needed IPB? The 46 pins...are they arranged in three rows? Four rows?

Shipping from Europe is always slow, but I can get US parts delivered to a US address much more quickly and easily. Like, would a 3Q0 907 379 T work? How about 3Q0 907 379 F?
    (Asking because I can get one of those within five days for under $100, vs. close to double that cost-wise - and probably triple the time of one from Europe.)

Did these come on specific cars? Like, GTI or R instead of Golf-Golf?

Also, your pin-out will work great for me because my Canadian car similarly did not come with electronic parking brake; speaking of which, did your car come with Lane Assist camera? Did you add that? Or are you just running with the ACC bumper sensor?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can probably use my ABS also, it's a 46 pins, I did all sorts of retrofits and everything works great... but I do have the Electronic Parking Brake, and I don't know if that can be coded out.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem solved. Found a US eBay seller who took my offer on an 3Q0 907 379 AB.

So - as for what I'm in for once I get this: Correct me where I'm wrong here.
    1. Figure out the wiring (I think I have a bunch of repair wires right now / and or some wire-ends that I've pulled out of other harnesses)
    Question: Given that I currently have only 38(?) wires in my ABS harness, where do the extra 8 wires plug in? I get that one end goes into the connector that attaches to the ABS module itself; what does the other end plug into?

2. Pull out the airbox and whatnot to gain access to the ABS module
    3. Disconnect brake lines from old one, connect to new one. (make a huge mess of brake fluid, no doubt)
    4. Do the VCDS ABS bleed exercise 3-10 times (?)
    5. Figure out the ABS coding (from what I can discern, it's just going to be a matter of flipping Byte 24 from 10 (what it is/was stock) to F8 (for my DSG), and Byte26 to 50).
    6. Take it for a drive an enjoy ACC nirvana.

(Please fill in what any/all things I'm missing.)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly there is only one GND wire that is extra on 46pin connector. You can see the differences in the document I shared. I don't understand why they did the connector change to IPB pumps because they don't populate the pins not even close to full.

What comes to your installation. Pretty much like you described. Before you start to detach brake lines, jam something to brake pedal to keep it pressed. This prevents any excess brake fluid from coming out of the brake lines. Trust me, this is the way how official instructions also tell you to do it.

And coding. First try to fit your current coding to the new pump. DO NOT make ANY changes to it as it is now. When you have successfully inputted the code and made all the basic settings, then start to add ACC bits to the code.

Hey by the way, one other thing. Did you check that you have suitable rear ABS sensors for ACC? If not, you need to change them as well because the "default" ones won't work for ACC. If you have PLA park assist on your car, you have suitable sensors.
    Correct sensors with ACC are WHT003864A. Default ones that are NOT suitable are WHT003864.
    Those are luckily quite cheap and easy to change. You just need to code them to the ABS block after change.

And I did have lane assist camera on our Leon from factory. Basically it only affects how you connect the ACC radar as you need to connect it to the camera. Camera and ACC sensor form a so called sensor fusion network. There's a separate connection between the ACC and camera for this.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told him long ago about ABS sensors but he never confirmed he looked at them...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes - I have the new sensors and they are installed. Interesting that in the ABS coding, my OEM coding won't work with the new sensors (all sorts of errors - from tire pressure, adaptive lighting, etc.). Changed byte 26 to 50, though, and all those errors immediately go away.

Edit: I initially typo'd that I'd changed byte 29; the proper byte to change (for me) was byte 26.
    Last edited by Nuje; 09-15-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. That’s how it goes. For me even the 50 did not work, I had to change the coding to F0. 50 worked under 80km/h speeds but as soon as I passed that speed it immediately flagged an error.