Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 VW CC almost everything short to ground HELP!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    What caused the wires to melt in the first place? Definitely looks like a wiring issue where there could be more damaged wiring further up/down in the loom. I would suggest getting hold of a engine bay wiring loom and refitting that and not waste time trying to repair the original unless you are ok with unwrapping big sections of it
    Not sure what caused it, I did already unwrap and put back 85% of under hood wires related to all faulty modules. However I haven't check the positive feed to alternator side. The code below refers to battery terminal wiring:

012423 - Voltage Supply Relay for Engine Components
    P3087 - 000 - Electrical Malfunction - MIL ON

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you first check each consumer of DTC record for direct short?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to disconnect cables/penetrator from alternator, clear fault codes and perform scan. There has been some issues where diode brigde in alternator fails, and this drags down/short the 12VDC. Check engine component current supply relay J757 in Fuseholder B, and Terminal 15 voltage supply relay J329.
    Do you have issues with cruise control as well??
    I do am not mistaken the many of the modules you have problems with, has 1 common -> connection 87a, which should be positive connection (no13), please check this, and the wiring between these sensors and Red and white in engine compartment harness.

Regards
    Gremling

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yaaaaaassss!!!! Problem solved!!!

Tracked down the shorted wire, it was on transmission!

All suggestions, advise and opinions highly appreciated!!!

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post