Remove Software Version Management Error

sparkymark75

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368094
I recently replaced the MIB unit in my 2015 Audi S3 with an MIB2 unit. One of the errors being flagged up is 1555 - Check Software Version Management. I believe this to do with the changes and it's the system wanting a check done for any updates. I tried to follow the process at http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Application_SVMError.html but his screenshots are from an older version of VCDS and the adaptions screen for the 5F module is different from what I see on the latest version of VCDS. He has a field to enter a channel number, all I get is a drop down list of items to choose from.

Is there a guide I can follow that is more relevant to the newer versions of VCDS?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Take adaption value:Confirmation of installation change(or similar, typing from head here) and use that value with XOR calculation C9 D2 and insert new value separated with space.

sparkymark75

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368094

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
One time I got a unit when value:Confirmation of installation change was 00 00
so o way to calculate XOR

But i use other device what force that and problem gone

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
sparky: Hi. As golfi_vend says - go to the module @ address hex5F - then go to adaptations - then search for IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change.

The value for this channel will a 4 x digit hexadecimal number. To clear the error you will need to input this number into an "exclusive or" calculator together with the cypher-key C9 D2.

If you are not familiar with this process - simply post-up the channel value here and I'm sure that a forum colleague will do the calculation for you (or you could find an on-line calculator - or even better, you could do the calculation manually - it's fun ;)).

Once the exclusive-or calculation is done, you simply need to enter the value calculated back into the channel setting

But I'm more interested in how you managed the Component Protection error that would have resulted from the retro-fit. Was the new MIB unit hacked? Can you post-up a current, unedited copy of the auto-scan for the vehicle -please?

Don

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
One time I got a unit when value:Confirmation of installation change was 00 00
so o way to calculate XOR

But i use other device what force that and problem gone

Spacewalker: Interesting situation - I would have thought that if the channel value was hex00 00, the exclusive-or calculation would have given the answer C9 D2 (i.e. the same value as the cypher-key) and that this answer would have worked to clear the SVM error.

In logic - there is no reason why entering the cypher-key value into the adaptation channel in this situation shouldn't work. Can you remember what value you eventually used?

Don

Don

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
yes, very
anyway - I was try write C9 D2 , failed ...... 00 00 , failed
then other device made it

One guy told me that some time when you go to that adaptation show 00 00 , but when you start looking there few more time , it will show new value

sparkymark75

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368094
sparky: Hi. As golfi_vend says - go to the module @ address hex5F - then go to adaptations - then search for IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change.

The value for this channel will a 4 x digit hexadecimal number. To clear the error you will need to input this number into an "exclusive or" calculator together with the cypher-key C9 D2.

If you are not familiar with this process - simply post-up the channel value here and I'm sure that a forum colleague will do the calculation for you (or you could find an on-line calculator - or even better, you could do the calculation manually - it's fun ;)).

Once the exclusive-or calculation is done, you simply need to enter the value calculated back into the channel setting

But I'm more interested in how you managed the Component Protection error that would have resulted from the retro-fit. Was the new MIB unit hacked? Can you post-up a current, unedited copy of the auto-scan for the vehicle -please?

Don

Will give this a go on my lunch break at work. If I happen to "calculate" the wrong code and enter it, will it reject it or will it accept it and keep showing the error?

The MIB2 unit is hacked as I believe that's the only way to get an MIB2 unit in a car that never had it.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
If I happen to "calculate" the wrong code and enter it, will it reject it or will it accept it and keep showing the error?

sparky: it's been a while since I have done this process - and an even longer time since I have entered the wrong number (I like hexadecimal arithmetic - it's much more interesting than boring decimal counting). I'm fairly certain that the adaptation channel will accept any legitimate hex-number that's 4 x digits. But of course if it's the wrong number - the SVM error doesn't clear.

But my suggestion is - don't miscalculate.

To confirm the calculation- use the cypher-key as the first number in the X-OR calculator - then do the calculation again and use the cypher-key as the second number. The two answers must be the same!

The MIB2 unit is hacked as I believe that's the only way to get an MIB2 unit in a car that never had it.

hmm...... not really - there's always the official VW process for dealing with CP errors which involves going to a dealer with FAZIT connection facilities back to VW HQ. Probably cost an amount approaching the annual budget of a small African nation - but it is an alternative for the "hack" process

Don

Last edited:

sparkymark75

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368094
Okay so gave this a go at lunchtime but didn't get very far. Got the new code created...

KsVL1os.jpg

When I try and import it I get this message..

JWUM8PU.jpg

If I click No, I then get the following error...

Hweg3ht.jpg

sparkymark75

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368094
Should I just go to this screen in VCDS...

options-2.png

and enter some values using values from other modules? e.g. 00046 790 00016

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
When it volunteers to use a default set of WSC/Importer/Equipment data, I can see no mileage at all in making up some random figures via your own thought process. Just (as said) press "Yes".

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Should I just go to this screen in VCDS...
and enter some values using values from other modules? e.g. 00046 790 00016
You could certainly do that (and then exit VCDS and re-start it for those values to become the defaults), but why, when you have the Importer and Equipment Number fields available to you on the Adaptation screen?

-Uwe-

sparkymark75

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368094
You could certainly do that (and then exit VCDS and re-start it for those values to become the defaults), but why, when you have the Importer and Equipment Number fields available to you on the Adaptation screen?

-Uwe-

Fair point. I was just being uber-cautious. I'll give it a go later on.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
hmm...... not really - there's always the official VW process for dealing with CP errors which involves going to a dealer with FAZIT connection facilities back to VW HQ. Probably cost an amount approaching the annual budget of a small African nation - but it is an alternative for the "hack" process
Don

CP removal is not enough. You forget the dreaded FeC codes what you cannot get to an unit that has never been in that car. For example MIB1 and MIB2 have different FeCs for map data. So even you would get bluetooth working which has the same FeC in both, you’ll never be able to enable navigation in official way.
Same goes for smartlink or appconnect like VW likes to call it.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
CP removal is not enough. You forget the dreaded FeC codes what you cannot get to an unit that has never been in that car. For example MIB1 and MIB2 have different FeCs for map data. So even you would get bluetooth working which has the same FeC in both, you’ll never be able to enable navigation in official way.
Same goes for smartlink or appconnect like VW likes to call it.

agree
so better is unlock unit and make it P&P
CP today is not protection

Back