Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Door locking issue GTI mk7

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    The crash signal from the airbag ECU is 'supposed' to unlock all the doors even if they are SAFE locked.
    Yeah, I know it's supposed to do that. But whoever wrote the FMVSS regulations here apparently doesn't trust that this will happen.

And I can sort of understand that. Personally, I don't care to have my doors locked at all while driving, unless I'm in a sketchy neighborhood.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Personally, I don't care to have my doors locked at all while driving, unless I'm in a sketchy neighborhood.
    Before I retired I used to drive through many sketchy neighbourhoods so I was very happy that my doors SAFE locked automatically when I reached around 5mph

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how i configured my profile but I didn't got any notifications.
    Bit late on this topic, my wife delivered the last days

My issue is still back and forth...
    I noticed that when I the driver door doesn't unlock electrically and unlock manually from inside then the electrical lock/unlock features works fine until the next stop. I'm thinking that error code tends to be the correct one and the microswitch got "stuck" sometime.
    I'll still check with the ohm meter the cable, what do you think about the spray to clean electrical connections ?

The SAFE locked automatically when above 5 mph is different that the Rest of World SAFELOCK I believe ?
    Yes my car is a North America.... BTW strange that my GTI is less equipped than the golf 1.2 tsi of my parents in France ...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like