Rage Against the DMV

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Last weekend, through a convoluted and unfortunate series of events, I made a sudden purchase of a Missouri titled vehicle. The Missouri Department of Revenue (handles vehicle titling and registration) has not been fun to deal with so far. I'm originally from Missouri, but it's been a long time since I've had to deal with them.

In particular, their call center IVR and queue (or lack thereof) is a joke. First IVR I've called in years that made me genuinely angry, in part because I personally designed and built much of the telephony system architecture in Jefferson City that it runs on and I can't stand what they've apparently done with it, but I was fine up to a point.

Here's where I lost it though: https://dor.mo.gov/forms/2305.pdf

Looks like a perfectly good form. But, I kept having to recheck the VIN because I thought I lost a character somewhere. Couldn't find it. Couldn't find it. Finally figured it out.

missouri-form-2305-vin.png

TITLE FORM: YOU HAD ONE JOB

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
What happens if you only complete 17 digits?

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
Looks like a perfectly good form. But, I kept having to recheck the VIN because I thought I lost a character somewhere. Couldn't find it. Couldn't find it. Finally figured it out.

missouri-form-2305-vin.png

TITLE FORM: YOU HAD ONE JOB

Don't you know? you're supposed to put the characters *above* the | not between.

:facepalm: :D

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Seventeen shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be Seventeen. Eighteen shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count Sixteen, excepting that thou then proceedeth to Seventeen. Nineteen is right out.

-Uwe-

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
That got an actual real-life LOL out of me. Thank you. :)
Glad I could lighten your mood :)

Seventeen shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be Seventeen. Eighteen shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count Sixteen, excepting that thou then proceedeth to Seventeen. Nineteen is right out.

-Uwe-
Argh, I know the reference but can't place it. Put me out of my misery please...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Argh, I know the reference but can't place it. Put me out of my misery please...
Book of Armaments, Chapter 2, verses 9–21, describing the manner in which the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is to be deployed, of course.

"For the love of Pete, just throw the damn thing!"

-Uwe-

PS: Turn in your British passport immediately!
tyFGzUy.gif

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I picture you punching keypads to do this:

hExVqOa.gif
Yes that's exactly it. That's what I do for a living. I'll just embed this GIF on my LinkedIn profile. Thanks. ;)

Don't you know? you're supposed to put the characters *above* the | not between.

:facepalm: :D
I've heard of fencepost errors, but they don't usually work quite like that... :)

Back