Strange error- oil sensor workshop 1

Marathon

Reaction score
Hi folks the above msg appears momentarily on the dash and the temp sensor shows 0degrees C. The Climatronic unit 's display is blank. Car is a mk4 Golf pdi year 2000. Have just purchased an OBD cable and downloaded the Lite freeware version. Not sure whether freeware version will identify the issue. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Car runs fine ....:confused:
Regards

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
With the unregistered free version, you'll have to check for fault codes in each module individually. If a module has more than one fault code, you won't get descriptive text for all of them.

-Uwe-

Marathon

Reaction score
Frustrated

With the unregistered free version, you'll have to check for fault codes in each module individually. If a module has more than one fault code, you won't get descriptive text for all of them.

-Uwe-
Hi , I have installed ( sort of ) the VCDS on my laptop but am struggling to get it to work. I am in communication with the ebay supplier in an attempt to get it to work. I was wondering though, as these 3 errors appeared at the same time ,oil sensor workshop 1, Climatronic display blank and dashboard temp saying 0 degrees , there could be a common problem like a relay causing this. F5 and F25 are good. Engine is working fine, oil level good and faults ( except the display and temp0 go after a few seconds.:confused::confused:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Hi , I have installed ( sort of ) the VCDS on my laptop but am struggling to get it to work. I am in communication with the ebay supplier in an attempt to get it to work.
What problems are you having with getting VCDS to run on your laptop?

What did you purchase from the eBay supplier - just a cable, or a cable and a CD?

Marathon

Reaction score
VCDS not working with car OBD port

What problems are you having with getting VCDS to run on your laptop?

What did you purchase from the eBay supplier - just a cable, or a cable and a CD?
This is what I bought. ( see below )

:confused:The install instructions say to check what serial ports are shown in device manager ( I have a Sony Vaio with Windows XP which doesn't have any serial ports only USB connectors.. I have taken pictures of my screen after installing the software on the supplied CD. It shows a USB port configured with a serial port driver when the OBD II cable is connected. I can run a test from VCDS to port 3 without errors but it won't connect to any of the displayed options. Thanks petrol Dave
Regards Pete

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Dia...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If it has an FTDI chipset, you can adjust what COM port the virtual port is on as shown here:

FTDI-VCP-Options.png

-Uwe-

Marathon

Reaction score
If it has an FTDI chipset, you can adjust what COM port the virtual port is on as shown here:

FTDI-VCP-Options.png

-Uwe-
many thanks Uwe
I did some investigation regarding the driver and there was a note saying the driver didn't load correctly with a code 39 error. I de-installed them and re-installed via the internet. Drivers loaded without error. Will try to see if VCDS connects to my Golf this afternoon.
Once again many many thanks for your help.
Regards

Marathon

Reaction score
many thanks Uwe
I did some investigation regarding the driver and there was a note saying the driver didn't load correctly with a code 39 error. I de-installed them and re-installed via the internet. Drivers loaded without error. Will try to see if VCDS connects to my Golf this afternoon.
Once again many many thanks for your help.
Regards

Hi Uwe,I don't get the port options when I select the USB serial port. Anyway, after updating the drivers I thought it was sorted. However when I tried to connect I still got errors. When I tried the OBD II test it failed saying the vehicle is not OBDII compliant ! According to search yr 2000 Golf engine code AJM is well within spec. I have messaged the guy who I purchased it from and sent some screen shots. Hopefully he is able to sort. Is there a way I can send you the pics ?
Regards

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi Uwe,I don't get the port options when I select the USB serial port. Anyway, after updating the drivers I thought it was sorted. However when I tried to connect I still got errors. When I tried the OBD II test it failed saying the vehicle is not OBDII compliant ! According to search yr 2000 Golf engine code AJM is well within spec. I have messaged the guy who I purchased it from and sent some screen shots. Hopefully he is able to sort. Is there a way I can send you the pics ?
A MY2000 EU car was not required to be OBD-II compliant. Try individual control modules that you know exist in this car; 01-Engine would be the prime candidate.

Beyond that, start-up support for a VCDS-Lite cable that you bought on fleaBay is the responsibility of the seller.

-Uwe-

Marathon

Reaction score
Hi. Been away for awhile. I needed to get a scan as my climatronic packed up along with the outdoor temp sensor. I took the car to an independent VAG guy who has a licensed VCDS and he had no problem connecting to the OBD port. So it must be an issue with how VCDS connects ? After reading various Youtube videos, It seems it may be a comms speed issue. It will have to wait untill I fix the Climatronic issue. I am suspecting the Radiator fan relay module. The securing bolts are rusted up to the brass nuts so I haven't figured how to remove it yet.....
As always many thanks for you help.

Back