Presentation and consultation !!!

Gaston71

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, my name is Gaston and I'm from Buenos Aires Argentina, I have a Volkswagen Amarok D / C TDI 2.0 180cv Year 2014,
When I started in the volkswagen world, I met vag-com as a tool to solve the secret plot to which VW has subjected us.
I would love to someday have the knowledge that you have about you, I hope with time and reading them in the forum to learn.

I take the opportunity to ask you a question, I have a MIB STD2 PQ + NAV unit, which has active component protection, can I someday unlock it and get it to work in my Vehicle? Since a guy told me that he is using VCDS in my country, it is impossible to install this equipment in my vehicle because it has a red or orange dashboard.
is this real ?
I replied that it was electronic, that some solution has to have!
I still don't have the vag-com since it is very expensive in my country, an original vag-com equipment costs about three monthly salaries.

Thank you very much for accepting me in the forum and hopefully someone can help me with my madness to modify my vehicle.

Gaston.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Gaston: This forum is specifically for those that have purchased a genuine Ross-Tech device - but I empathize with the economic disparity in Argentina (3 months salary - amazing!!).

I know nothing about Argentina's economy - but (and notwithstanding the cost of a Volkswagen Amarok D / C TDI 2.0 180cv Year 2014), if VCDS is that expensive, why is a new (or even second-hand) MIB STD PQ +NAV unit so affordable in your country? These modules aren't cheap down here!!

Don

Reactions: Uwe

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I have a MIB STD2 PQ + NAV unit, which has active component protection, can I someday unlock it and get it to work in my Vehicle?
Thank you very much for accepting me in the forum and hopefully someone can help me with my madness to modify my vehicle.
You will be able to configure the MIB2 to your vehicle using VCDS, but not to remove Component Protection - to do this requires talking to the VW servers (to verify the device is not black listed i.e. stolen) and VW will not grant that access to third parties such as Ross-Tech.

Gaston71

Reaction score
Don, Thanks for answering, my idea is to internalize myself more about what the VCDS can do and then buy it (logically original).
The economic situation here is crazy, but thank God I have a slightly better economic situation, the MIB STD2 I bought it at a very good price in i-Bay because it has the active PC. and belonged to a vw Jeta or vento as it is called here.

Gaston71

Reaction score
You will be able to configure the MIB2 to your vehicle using VCDS, but not to remove Component Protection - to do this requires talking to the VW servers (to verify the device is not black listed i.e. stolen) and VW will not grant that access to third parties such as Ross-Tech.

PetrolDave,
Thank you for answering, if I am going to the VW service and find out if they can do it, since this is a problem since the mechanics do not have the necessary knowledge to perform these updates or if they do, they charge you a lot.

Gaston71

Reaction score
OK guys, it is obvious that it is complex to eliminate component protection, but I will not give up. if a human created it, another human can solve it.
For me, it is a challenge to achieve it, it goes beyond paying and someone else does it.
It will be a matter of learning more and more and a little more.

I apologize for entering the blog without having a VCDS. I simply did it to be able to ask you who know very well how to use the VCDS and its limitations.

If I have to unsubscribe the profile, please let me know.
Thank you.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If I have to unsubscribe the profile, please let me know.
No, you don't. There's no problem with asking questions here.

-Uwe-

Gaston71

Reaction score
Thank you very much Uwe for allowing me to participate in the forum.

Back