Unable to adapt keys

Neilios

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192526
Hi guys I was wondering if someone could help? I’m unable to adapt vehicle keys to my A3. I have the SKU code, I go to 25 - immobiliser, security access, input the code and get the accepted message. All seems good then I input how many keys I want to code (4) and when the dash is supposed to change from 1-4 meaning first key is done, it does nothing. I’ve added keys before with no issue it just seems abit odd.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please post an Auto-Scan for context. The Audi A3 has been in contiunuous production since 1996 and is now in its third generation. There were also a number of important varations within some of the generations.

-Uwe-

Neilios

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192526
Sorry buddy I was having a dumb moment I’ll post one tomorrow morning. Its an 8P (2004) with a white 2010 cluster installed. Everything works perfectly and I’ve added keys to it before using a new ID48 chip, part coding it and locking it first etc then adapting to the vehicle. Just all of a sudden it doesn’t wanna play ball. I’ll post a log in the morning.

Reactions: Uwe

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Sorry buddy I was having a dumb moment I’ll post one tomorrow morning. Its an 8P (2004) with a white 2010 cluster installed. Everything works perfectly and I’ve added keys to it before using a new ID48 chip, part coding it and locking it first etc then adapting to the vehicle. Just all of a sudden it doesn’t wanna play ball. I’ll post a log in the morning.

2010 Cluster has to be precoded key , can not use just black transponder.

Reactions: Uwe
Back