VW MK4 1.9 TDI. Air in fuelline inbound to IP and control valve outbound.

63rob

Reaction score
Should i expect no air visible in fuel inbound to Injection Pump in an optimal condition? Outbound; should the control valve on the fuel filter remove air from the filter and send it to the tank with all other post combustion fuel/air?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since this doesn't seem related to VCDS in any way, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

Mk.4 doesn't tell us much. Is this a distributor pump type engine or a PD?

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
VW MK4 1.9 TDI. Air in fuelline inbound to IP and control valve outbound.

Should i expect no air visible in fuel inbound to Injection Pump in an optimal condition? Outbound; should the control valve on the fuel filter remove air from the filter and send it to the tank with all other post combustion fuel/air?​

Since this doesn't seem related to VCDS in any way, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

Mk.4 doesn't tell us much. Is this a distributor pump type engine or a PD?

-Uwe-

Whether a PD or a VE air should never be in the intake side of a hydro-static diesel or filter system during being bled engine OFF & Engine running "Pulses" observed in a sight glass hose, no?

Don't PD engines have lift pump and would demonstrate a leak & VE do not?

What if you had an inverse vacuum of pump leak & to permit air in on suction side of VE, that couldn't be good, no?

Post an auto-scan...........

Reactions: Uwe

63rob

Reaction score
The vehicle is actually an 02 VW Golf 1.9 TDI. I think you will know what type of pump I have based on this information. I replaced the pump with a rebuilt one from Bosch because the original was leaking and i could not repair it. I do have VCDS and timing issues but i am currently try to isolate where the air is coming from between the filter and injection pump. With this condition I produce excessive bubbles at the nut of the injectors.

Back