View DSG next pre-selected gear

draq

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Would like to post in the Support section but can't since I'm not a verified member. So this is my question about VCDS:

I have an Audi with S-Tronic 6 speed (DSG really), and would like to know, if I can see with software, which one is the currently pre-selected gear. Since all of you know, DSG has 2 clutches, one is engaged to the wheels, and the other engaged to another gear for fast shifting. If I'm in 6th gear, the pre-selected is surely the 5th, however if I'm in 3rd gear, how do I know if it has pre-selected 2nd or 4th? Of course the car can change to any of those, buy will much faster to the one already preselected.

For those that want in-depth explanation here goes a video, specifically after minute 4:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have an Audi with S-Tronic 6 speed (DSG really), and would like to know, if I can see with software, which one is the currently pre-selected gear. Since all of you know, DSG has 2 clutches, one is engaged to the wheels, and the other engaged to another gear for fast shifting. If I'm in 6th gear, the pre-selected is surely the 5th, however if I'm in 3rd gear, how do I know if it has pre-selected 2nd or 4th? Of course the car can change to any of those, buy will much faster to the one already preselected.
Please post an Auto-Scan so we can see exactly what transmission and TCU your car has. Then I'll take a look at what values can be seen there.

-Uwe-

draq

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Here goes the scan:

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back