Thread: View DSG next pre-selected gear

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

Question View DSG next pre-selected gear

Would like to post in the Support section but can't since I'm not a verified member. So this is my question about VCDS:

I have an Audi with S-Tronic 6 speed (DSG really), and would like to know, if I can see with software, which one is the currently pre-selected gear. Since all of you know, DSG has 2 clutches, one is engaged to the wheels, and the other engaged to another gear for fast shifting. If I'm in 6th gear, the pre-selected is surely the 5th, however if I'm in 3rd gear, how do I know if it has pre-selected 2nd or 4th? Of course the car can change to any of those, buy will much faster to the one already preselected.

For those that want in-depth explanation here goes a video, specifically after minute 4:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by draq View Post
    I have an Audi with S-Tronic 6 speed (DSG really), and would like to know, if I can see with software, which one is the currently pre-selected gear. Since all of you know, DSG has 2 clutches, one is engaged to the wheels, and the other engaged to another gear for fast shifting. If I'm in 6th gear, the pre-selected is surely the 5th, however if I'm in 3rd gear, how do I know if it has pre-selected 2nd or 4th? Of course the car can change to any of those, buy will much faster to the one already preselected.
    Please post an Auto-Scan so we can see exactly what transmission and TCU your car has. Then I'll take a look at what values can be seen there.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here goes the scan:

Code:
    Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 09-08-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by draq View Post
    Here goes the scan:
    ... which results in the thread going off to the Hall of Shame.

Getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.