Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 seat Ibiza 1.6TDI fuel rail pressure to low. 0087.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you RTFB and JPPSG....?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sainzy70 View Post
    please see auto scan in previous posts I've made
    Threads merged. Please refrain from opening multiple threads about the same problem in the same car.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    please see auto scan in previous posts I've made
    I see Uwe has merged the threads you started, so my post is now irrelevant

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    why have they been merged?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    why have they been merged?
    Because we do not need two threads about the same problem in the same car.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes dieseldub, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would start by consulting the manual on what the fuel pressure should be on the feed side to the HPFP. Though I thought I read somewhere that many 1.6s come with their own low stage pump built into the HPFP like an older injection pump and thus don't even use an in tank or intermediate pump, but I don't know for certain, we never got them here in the U.S.. We only got 2.0L TDIs, some of which have both in tank and intermediate pump, the others have only the in tank pump but one that operates at a much higher pressure than the older two stage setup.

Verify you're getting correct fuel TO the HPFP first, and if you are, then I would remove the fuel metering valve that bolts to the top of the HPFP and check for metal particles on the screen of the valve. If metal is present, you're going to need to replace the entire fuel system most likely. HPFP, rail, lines, injectors at a minimum.

If no metal is present and, once again having already verified there's no loss of pressure or no restriction on the feed side to the HPFP, there's still the possibility that it once had water contaminated fuel and is causing either or both the metering valve and the pressure regulator valve (on one end of the fuel rail) to stick and cause intermittent fuel pressure issues. I've had a few that actually caused fuel rail pressure TOO HIGH codes as well, and subsequent limp mode. If this is the case, as you remove and open up more of the high pressure fuel system, you might notice a rust discoloration in some of the parts.

8. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post