Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 GOLF R DQ500 BASIC SETTING ABORT ISSUE

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will do that this evening. what am I looking for exactly?

here is what i found before and after the basic setting

IDE02825 Substatus of abort code basic setting-Basic Settings Sub Status: 10
    IDE02824 Main status of abort code basic setting-Basic Settings Main Status: 0
    IDE02775 Status of basic setting data-State Of Basic Adjustmentdata: Invalid

also my fluid pressure is 1.2 bar is that normal

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NEtech View Post
    You are looking at these Measurement values, while trying to do Basic Settings ?

IDE02775
    IDE02824
    IDE02825
    ok i just performed this and watched the channels

IDE02775 invalid
    IDE02824 0 then goes to 2
    IDE02825 0 then goes to 10 and aborts

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you have looked at this ?
    IDE02775 Is "invalid", so BS will not work, either procedure or some fault.

If you use the original tester, we maybe (or maybe not) get to know what "main reason 0" and "sub reason 10" means.

4. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I tried with that other tester it only gave me the same information - main reason and sub reason. I will try and run it again and then run GFF and see if it gives any more info
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NEtech View Post
    I guess you have looked at this ?
    IDE02775 Is "invalid", so BS will not work, either procedure or some fault.

If you use the original tester, we maybe (or maybe not) get to know what "main reason 0" and "sub reason 10" means.
    Yes I did see that post.

I assume the Invalid is my issue. I am trying to find someone with ODIS that can help me..

7. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I have an update. Seems that there is something incorrect with the TCU that I have. I have a Brand new RS3 mechatronics that I plugged in and when I check the data state of basic setting it reads Valid where the TCU from the swap Dq500 reads invalid.

So my question for the pros is can I install and adapt the Immobilizer from a Brand new Mechatronic unit from audi that is off of a VIN of an RS3 on this DQ500 in my GOLF R?

I know I would need a pass-thru device or ODIS.

Thanks

9. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the TCU is an Immobilizer participant. You could certainly have Component Protection, but many people report success removing CP with ODIS even in weird retrofit situations, provided you don't try to set/restore things like coding and parameterization at the same time.
    Silence gives consent.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    In MQB the transmission needs to be unlocked with ODIS online if swapped.
    You can flash it to appropriate software version or use custom which I guess you already had in mind.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

12. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    In MQB the transmission needs to be unlocked with ODIS online if swapped.
    You can flash it to appropriate software version or use custom which I guess you already had in mind.
    ok great, yes Using custom software. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    I don't think the TCU is an Immobilizer participant. You could certainly have Component Protection, but many people report success removing CP with ODIS even in weird retrofit situations, provided you don't try to set/restore things like coding and parameterization at the same time.
    Correcting myself here, having recently re-read SSP 517, page 42 regarding Immobilizer V shows the DSG mechatronic is now a participant in the Immobilizer scheme.
    Silence gives consent.

15. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post