Linking heated mirrors to rear defroster

Excoastie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232376
Is it even possible?

I've got a 2014 VW GLI autobahn with Nav and the 6MT (not sure how much of that is relevant).

I was able to find most of my tweaks via VWvortex, and I've done some lurking around here as well, though no amount of searching has given me a firm answer on if I can make the heated mirrors turn on when I activate my rear defroster. To date I have not had any issues turning either the mirrors or the defroster on independently of each other, it's just that I would like everything to work as one would expect it to.

I've been using VCDS 14.10 on a Windows 7 64 byte laptop. I can provide my autoscan if it's needed, though I'm currently on a different computer.

Thanks for a great product!

Exco

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Great idea - I have never seen anything written that this is possible on any VAG model. I strongly doubt you can control both from the rear defroster circuit.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
VCDS can only change those things which VW made provisions to be changed via the diagnostic API and I don't think they made a provision for that.

-Uwe-

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
You can't change hardware by changing software!

My 2006 Golf V is different from my 2009 Golf V. The 2006 mirror-heating was connected to the rear-defroster, on the 2009 I have to turn the mirror-button to heating-position ;) There's a big difference in de hardware of both cars!

Excoastie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232376
OK thanks folks.

I can accept that it's not possible, though it would've been nice if VW would have designed this particular feature like 99% of the other vehicles on the market.

Exco

Back