Thread: Audi a6 c7 3.0tdi chain rattle

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi a6 c7 3.0tdi chain rattle

HI ive an audi a6 c7 2014 3.0tdi quattro cud engine 74000miles i took out an all component extended audi warranty about 8 months ago car has upto date sevice from audi including gearbox last sevice was done around 3000miles ago. The car has now developed the chain rattle on startup for split second intermittedley, done some research and seems common on this engine, engine out to change chain guides £3/4k for repair. ive booked it in at audi for a diagnose but i have a feeling they are not going to honour the repair after talking to one of their booking agent who never heard of this problem may be he is not the tech..
    can anyone help with any tsb or bulletins links for this repair under warranty, so i have a bit of ground to argue my case. i read that in america another type of engine with same fault was taken to court and all was reimbursed and was made mandatory under warranty..
    thanks raf

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Since this does not appear to be a VCDS-related question, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Subscription to Erwin?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes raf0468 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    no i dont have an erwin account

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raf0468 View Post
    no i dont have an erwin account
    I can recommend you create one, erWin is the ONLY sensible source for genuine information.

Just open an account (since you're in the UK don't use the US server but the EU server), buy a 1 hour subscription and download EVERYTHING relevant to you car as PDF files.

7. Likes Uwe, raf0468, Fredrick Awuor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's common issue. Reason why Audi hasn't done any may be that cars are out of warranty and people go to independant shops to do such massive job.

On this engine though the amount of chains has reduced to 2, not 4 like on previous model.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

9. Likes raf0468, Jack@European_Parts liked this post