Audi a6 c7 3.0tdi chain rattle

raf0468

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=120244
HI ive an audi a6 c7 2014 3.0tdi quattro cud engine 74000miles i took out an all component extended audi warranty about 8 months ago car has upto date sevice from audi including gearbox last sevice was done around 3000miles ago. The car has now developed the chain rattle on startup for split second intermittedley, done some research and seems common on this engine, engine out to change chain guides £3/4k for repair. ive booked it in at audi for a diagnose but i have a feeling they are not going to honour the repair after talking to one of their booking agent who never heard of this problem may be he is not the tech..
can anyone help with any tsb or bulletins links for this repair under warranty, so i have a bit of ground to argue my case. i read that in america another type of engine with same fault was taken to court and all was reimbursed and was made mandatory under warranty..
thanks raf

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since this does not appear to be a VCDS-related question, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

raf0468

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=120244
no i dont have an erwin account

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
no i dont have an erwin account
I can recommend you create one, erWin is the ONLY sensible source for genuine information.

Just open an account (since you're in the UK don't use the US server but the EU server), buy a 1 hour subscription and download EVERYTHING relevant to you car as PDF files.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
It's common issue. Reason why Audi hasn't done any may be that cars are out of warranty and people go to independant shops to do such massive job.

On this engine though the amount of chains has reduced to 2, not 4 like on previous model.

Back