Thread: Oil in the intake tube

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil in the intake tube

I think I have blown turbo.
    Is there a way to check?

The inevitable - where is good turbo replacement kit and are there good turbo upgrade kits?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    PS the engine in an audi crate engine with 30k on it and when I remove the oil filler cap there is a fair amount of back pressure. I did not install the crate engine but bought it that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the signs of a bad turbo is excessive oil pooled up in the intercooler. There will be some oil, but I don't know how explain in a post that lets you know "normal" VS "aw crap, need to change my shirt" levels of oil in there.

CCV are prone to going bad and the engine basically sucks the oil out at the top side of the engine on a lot of the 2.0T engine. And as I recall, there were some issues with the piston rings on Audi 2.0T.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    could it be due to a bad pcv? there is a lot of oil going to the intercoolers but I do not know how much is too much.

I put a liter in the last oil change before that oil change it did not use any oil.

how do you test the "hockey puck" and the pvc breather?
    Last edited by krisnordal; 09-03-2019 at 10:24 AM.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    With mighty vac & RTFB, no?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if I put vacuum on the intake side of the hockey puck it should open the valve and allow gasses from the valve cover pass into the intake manifold. what about the breather valve? how do you test that?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    RTFB!
    Stop screwing around and read it!
    or
    Test conditions in others or new one to figure it out!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    wher do I get the manual?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.