Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have number of codes here some I think I know what is wrong others I do not.

Verified Coal Cracker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only way you will feel the air in exhaust is.
    Apply vac with a hand pump to Kombi and jumper the pump to run constant. Jumper at relay or apply direct power.
    Engine off you should feel air (no exhaust leak) and hear it.
    If you have second person take vac away from kombi and apply it. Kombi allows flow into exhaust. Could be stuck closed?

Good Luck

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like it's time for coat hanger abortion of the SAI port with follow up baby bottle brushes, no?

You could get festive and make a video while installing a Trojan on the cars tail pipe and see if the SAI pump will blow it up?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    not yet it looks like someone stripped the allen key bolt so now I have to get creative as to how to remove it :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you that did the trick

there does not seem to be that much build up in the passageways. I did verify that the kombi valve is working as it passes or shuts off the airflow based on the vacuum being pulled. Note the amount of air coming out of the kombi valve is less than directly out of the outlet of the pump but I assume that is because the corrugated hose to the kombi valve creates a lot of restriction.

while the pump is running and I have vacuum I place a piece of paper over the exhaust tip and there did not seem like anything was happening. in fact, there seemed to be a little vacuum.

So still unsure about what to do next

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you clear the pipe through the exhaust conduit yet and after the combi valve?

Of course air is clear from pump to valve, what could possibly obstruct this?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes there was no build up just carbon discoloration

Post Thanks / Like
    So if combi is removed and you blow compressed air in, the tail pipe will blow up a Trojan when attached?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    so using compressed air I can blow off two rubber gloves fitted over the tail pipes. I connected the combi vale and the SAI and turned it on and that also blew the rubber gloves off the tail pipes. (I suspect that previously when I only put my hand over one tail pipel it just forced the air out the other)

So as far as I can tell it all works so why am I getting that code?