Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have number of codes here some I think I know what is wrong others I do not.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

I have number of codes here some I think I know what is wrong others I do not.

Code:
    VIN: TRUWT28N031000517   Mileage: 118670km-73738miles
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine        Labels: None
       Part No: 8N0 906 018 BB
       Component: 1.8L R4/5VT     G   0002  
       Coding: 07710
       Shop #: WSC 01236  
       VCID: 72BDDA5D4DBCB147CCD-513C
       TRUWT28N031000517     AUZ5Z0B6125113

1 Fault Found:
    16795 - Secondary Air Injection System 
                P0411 - 35-00 - Incorrect Flow Detected
    Readiness: 0000 0000

Address 03: ABS Brakes        Labels: 8N0-907-379-MK60-A.lbl
       Part No: 8N0 907 379 H
       Component: ESP ALLRAD MK60     0101  
       Coding: 0022544
       Shop #: WSC 01236 785 00200
       VCID: 41DF45913D9A5ADF857-513C

1 Fault Found:
    00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Left (G46) 
                012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent

Address 15: Airbags        Labels: 8N0-959-655.lbl
       Part No: 8N0 959 655 B
       Component: Airbag Front+Seite 6000  
       Coding: 01103
       VCID: 3FDB43694E6E2C2FF33-513C

1 Fault Found:
    01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200) 
                32-10 - Resistance Too High - Intermittent

Address 22: AWD        Labels: 02D-900-554.lbl
       Part No: 02D 900 554 C
       Component: HALDEX LSC  ECC     0010  
       VCID: 2019E015D3D073D7EA9-4B00

1 Fault Found:
    01155 - Clutch 
                04-10 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

Address 35: Centr. Locks        Labels:. 8Nx-962-267.lbl
       Part No: 8N8 962 267 F
       Component: Central Lock/Alarm  D08  
       Coding: 15884
       VCID: 44D14C8527884FF7AE1-4EC8

2 Faults Found:
    01371 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch; Driver's Side 
                35-00 - -
    01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15 
                35-00 - -
    Sometimes when it is cold the driver's side door will not open from the inside.
    Last edited by Uwe; 08-22-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: CODE tags

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello OP and welcome to the VCDS forum.

Thank you for posting and auto-scan.......

Did you check the Fuse and hose from combi solenoid to intake vacuum to combi valve & it switches to the SAI pump while running is good and run in outputs to check both quick?

JPPSG

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the Noob question but what is a combi selenoid? Is it the PCV?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the Noob question but what is a combi selenoid? Is it the PCV?

The Combi is mechanical valve on head or integrated into exhaust manifold ports similar in nature to an EGR valve inverse, only the Combi valve opens in order to permit AIR to be injected into the exhaust pre CAT to help it lite off after generated by the air pump?

The Combi solenoid control valve would be the solenoid that switches the vacuum from intake to actual Combi valve and to permit opening or pulsed to allow air from the SAI pump to be blown through valve and ports into pre CAT area, no?

Time to RTFB and JPPSG

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a chance to look at it again. and removed the SAI pump. when I send a signal to turn it on it pulses. Is this normal? there is a reasonable amount of air coming out of the pump while it is on. it pulses on a 2 second cycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pulsed how, using outputs in VCDS?

It is by definition an air pump, no?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i used vcds to cycle through all the outputs and all the relays work and when it came to the air pump I sent the signal but it did I as described a flow of air that peaks then dies down and then builds to a maximum again.

I checked the rivets on the housing and they all seem tight. I will take apart motor it see if the armature is binding which is my guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about other SAI components?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the pump is fine. the pulsing was the ECM cycling the relay just turn on and off.
    The pump puts out alot of air the vacuum line to the combi is good, combi holds vacuum, air gets to the combi valve (ie. no cracked lines)

but I cannot feel any air coming out the exhaust when the pump is running and I am pulling vacuum on the kombi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like combi is not opening or the port conduit is plugged with FOD carbon deposits?

Did you check if remediation is required to clear port and test unobstructed?

12. Likes Uwe liked this post