Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: ABS Hydraulic Unit Replacement - Original Code not working

  1. #11
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, you ceartainly have a point. I definitely feel like the whole "cannot perform software update therefore we won't replace unit" is just a way for them to get out of replacing alot of these units. From what I understand an improper soldering compound was used in these modules which leads to a bad ground in the module. All the software update is supposed to do is detect this issue earlier than it otherwise would have. If I'm understanding things correclty there is a specific error code that they can get from the module that points to this being the problem. Either way it seems like these modules were poorly made. I just took the path of least resistance and decided to take care of this on my own and spare myself the hassle of trying to squeeze some blood out the rock that is VWofA.

    I just finished all the adaptions. New module coded and lights on the dash are all gone, so at the end of the day I'm content. All that's left is to finish bleeding the rear brake lines and possibly bleeding the pump and clutch.

  2. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
  3. #12
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Posts
    16,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, you ceartainly have a point. I definitely feel like the whole "cannot perform software update therefore we won't replace unit" is just a way for them to get out of replacing alot of these units. From what I understand an improper soldering compound was used in these modules which leads to a bad ground in the module. All the software update is supposed to do is detect this issue earlier than it otherwise would have. If I'm understanding things correclty there is a specific error code that they can get from the module that points to this being the problem. Either way it seems like these modules were poorly made. I just took the path of least resistance and decided to take care of this on my own and spare myself the hassle of trying to squeeze some blood out the rock that is VWofA.

    I just finished all the adaptions. New module coded and lights on the dash are all gone, so at the end of the day I'm content. All that's left is to finish bleeding the rear brake lines and possibly bleeding the pump and clutch.
    Hope you didn't mind me asking such dumb questions and that are usually self evident, you know I'm an asshole right?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

  4. #13
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, it's not skin off my back. Only dumb questions are those that are never asked, so they say.

  5. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •