Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help please BCM upgrade, indicators and windows not working.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vastechnics View Post
    Hello Timmy. I see you upgrade to max BCM. You need to run wires to make everything work ok. You need to make new wires for Instrument and also Supply for bcm.

For instrument to need 2 new canbus wires. If im right from instrument 28 (canhigh) and 29 (canlow) > connector b 54 (canhigh) and 57 (canlow)

For supply need run 2 wires from a63 and b68 to steady plus. Try do this an report.
    Thanks vastechnics, can you confirm the canbus pinouts as I saw one document reference pins 27 & 28, if I'm adding canbus wires would I need to code anything extra for them? also looking at some other documentation, a63 and b68 are showing as being inputs for the headlights?!?!
    Last edited by Timmy; 08-19-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need coding for canbus wires. Yes I know, but they are needed for proper work, also for interior lights

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vastechnics View Post
    No need coding for canbus wires. Yes I know, but they are needed for proper work, also for interior lights
    Thanks vastechnics, can you confirm the canbus pinouts as I saw one document reference pins 27 & 28

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Thanks vastechnics, can you confirm the canbus pinouts as I saw one document reference pins 27 & 28
    Ignore that last post, a bit more digging and you are correct with 28 & 29.

Looking into the a63 and b68 inputs, it looks like I need to replace those supplies with two 30A supplies from fuse box B positions 12 & 14, would that be correct?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is correct 1x with both wires together must be ok with 30a