VW 2005 mk4 Jetta - Hood Latch Question

rbb1485

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325014
Hi Dana, thank you for this ! I will note I recently removed radio from the dash to install the 3-blink "komfortblinker" OEM harness, and I remember struggling a bit to remove the radio, and then re-installing it as well. I will check that this afternoon! Thank you again

rbb1485

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325014
Update! From Dana's recommendation, I removed the radio and re-seated it. and BOOM! I have power in the signal wire at the hood latch connector! +8V ! I also have ~0.5ohm resistance on the ground wire at the hood latch connector. Further more, I "back probed" signal wire at the CCM with respect to ground and have the +8V! I can't believe it! I then shut hood, close doors and am all ready to hear that long sought after alarm "beep" but to my dismay I did not get it!! lol Unfortunately I left my laptop with vcds at work tonight, so will have to wait until tomorrow to hook up and see if the MBV is changing....ahhhh the suspense I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight!! lol Any ideas why it is still not beeping?? Thanks again Dana! FWIW I could not see any type of "connector" or connection on the right side of the radio, but hey not complaining I am making progress!

Reactions: Uwe

rbb1485

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325014
Update! Okay so with my trusty VCDS I viewed the hood switch MBV while I manually depressed the hood switch and the value changed from "OPEN" to "CLOSED" ! Woohoo! I then shut the hood, all doors and locked the vehicle and to my disappointment I was not greeted with the alarm horn sounding ! booo. I then did a quick sanity check and pressed the "Panic" button on the FOB...and wouldn't you know the lights flashed but no audible horn sound! So this now leads me to believe the alarm horn is defective, or unplugged. Was not able to check as I had to rush to the airport for a business trip to France....will update once again on my return this weekend! Thanks all for your help:thumbs:

Reactions: Uwe
Back