Thread: K03 Turbo wastegate adjustment?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

K03 Turbo wastegate adjustment?

Hello,

the Turbo in my 14 CC is starting to trigger some P0299 underboost faults.

I've read/watched some videos online that suggest that the turbo might need replacement if the wastegate plate and arm has some play in it, which mine does. I replaced the bypass valve with the piston style "D" revision unit a while back as a preventative measure.

my question is- are we able to adjust the wastegate actuator arm to hold the plate closed more tightly when the turbo is building boost?

I was able to adjust this in my old saab, but the turbo was front and center in that engine bay- easy to get to. Figured I would ask the community before getting the car up on ramps and crawling underneath.

Any suggestions/info is greatly appreciated!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...umble-Mechanic

Isn't the turbo covered under useful life warranty possibly?

Ever JPPSG?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing to adjust, you have problem with turbo wastegate arm rod , there is a bearing there it fails all the time, So in other world you need to replace turbo.

Very common problem on New VW with 2.0T engine.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this problem a free repair in this year and miles range under 15/150K & for useful life warranty?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think so Jack. They never announce any extension for this. Once you out of the Power-train warranty you are on your own. I even call my friend at dealer and he confirm it .
    Immobilizer/ECU

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think so Jack. They never announce any extension for this. Once you out of the Power-train warranty you are on your own. I even call my friend at dealer and he confirm it .
    Hey Marin,

Than how come the the entire turbo charger is on the COC application & as a comprehensive part of the AECD's list for extended coverage of the Federal and CARB warranty as certified?

What you think of the page 106 > & reiterated on page 108 of this mere example?

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/displ...d=32285&flag=1

8. Likes Fredrick Awuor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack I just told you what I was told by Vw Dealer here.
    OP can try and go to his local dealer and see what happens.
    Immobilizer/ECU

10. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    NP Marin I just wanted you to see it for the words as written by the Feds, did you read them?