MKV 2.0TDI 4motion fuel tank capacity

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Hey

It seems to me that NAR doesn't have the 2.0tdi 4motion, but here in Europe the car exist. And there are many users from europe...i guess. :)

Anyways, how much does your fuel tank can hold fuel. From light to light i can put in 52L(13.74Gal). I've read from internet that fuel tank is supposed to be 60l(15.85Gal).
Does that mean i have reserve of 8L or doesn't my fuel tank get fully filled?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What do you mean "from light to light"? It's not empty until the engine starts to sputter. Of course with a modern TDI, that's probably hard on the fuel system components (like the high pressure pump). Given the hassle and expense involved when that pump fails, I have little desire to find out just how much reserve I've got in either of my CR TDIs. ;)

-Uwe-

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
From fuel light turning on, fully filling(or as much goes in) til next time.

Yes, of course driving tank to maximum empty is irresponsible thing to do, considering how much it would cost to repair vs. going to tank station.

I'm just wondering if 52L is normal or should i expect more fuel to be tanked.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Does your dashboard not show a "Distance to empty" or "Range"? I'm sure both my TDIs do. I don't remember what the NMS (2013 NAR Passat) showed for remaining range when the fuel light comes on, but the 2009 Touareg shows 55-60 miles left when the light comes on. Another thing you could do when the light comes on is to look in MVBs of your cluster, I think there should be one that shows liters of fuel in the tank.

-Uwe-

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
I don't know if 2007 Golf MKV 2.0TDI 4MOTION is any different from a normal 2007 Golf but that the brochure says capacity is 55 litres the same as mine.

My fuel light comes on with 50 miles left in the tank. Yes avoid running low on fuel but the computer can't calculate the fuel accurately. I've stopped with is saying 25 miles left, I've started up again and its said 5 miles left how can you loose 20 miles while standing for a few minutes? I drove 4 miles to my fuel station a mile from the station it showed 0 miles. When I filled up I could only get in 54 litres so there must have been 1 litre left.

Older model brochures
Xmas.gif

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
The range drops when restarting, because the engine is cooled down, and runs rich again, so the range is reduced - if you drove longer, the range would likely increase somewhat (if you had enough fuel to drive far enough for the engine to heat up properly) - Our BMW does the same thing, even with 1 1/2 full tank, but the range climbs up a lot, as the engine warms.

Golfi_vend: I did read somewhere, that the way to "calibrate" the fue level senders empty reading was to drain the tank, refill with 7 litres (I'm fairly sure it was 7) and set that as empty, thereby giving you a reserve of 7 litres - that sounds pretty close to what you have there. The number of litres probably varies by model, but I would have been looking at a Golf, A3 or Touran ;)

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
I'm just wondering if 52L is normal or should i expect more fuel to be tanked.

Your car has a 55L tank... don't be surprised to get 52 of even 54L in it when you drove the car till the warning-light litt up. Last time I managed to get 54.38L in it!

Some of the fuel in not going into the tank but in a sort of "vent channel" (don't know the right words for it) that is supposed to let the air out of the tank when filling! Don't worry about that, when you tank is getting empty it will flow into the tank...

Don't mind the "distance to empty"... it will go rapidly at the end ;)

Last edited:
Back