Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCDS Ver:19.6.1 vs ODIS VW (VAS 6154) on Fault Code: 28269-Gear Selector-VW Golf '18

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    You are too politically correct.
    I'm rarely accused of that!

Let me re-phrase: By default, VCDS shows every fault code stored in a module, whether the module has decided it's significant yet or not. The dealers' tool doesn't do that, at least not under all circumstances.

I'll also point out that there have been plenty of real problems with those gear selectors. But given that you have a 6-year warranty, I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. If/when it shows up as a fault that the module considers significant (and I bet at some point it will), then let VW deal with it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes PetrolDave, Bruce, Dandy liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I'm rarely accused of that!

-Uwe-
    Then this is a very rare compliment to a such straight shooter! I really appreciate your input and I hope anyone that is looking for this kind of valuable information.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just got started messing around with ODIS 4.4.10 to look into programmming some ODIS specific items like lane assist, acc, component protection, etc. my opinion thus far it is not all that great. at minimum i certainly much now appreciate the speed and simplicity of VCDS that much more and will continue to use it as my primary tool if not just for productivity. i can start, diagnose and fix problems in VCDS (and fill up a tank of gas), before ODIS gets past the startup screen...

5. Likes Bruce, Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post