Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P0193 fuel pressure sensor Mk6 TDI

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got car back from the dealership. Technician found two faults. P0193 and P0191. Iíve seen the 191 code but seldom. The tech found low fuel levels in the fuel filter canister indicating the fuel pump in the fuel tank is intermittent or not working as it should. They recommend to replace this pump. Also says if this pump has failed in any way that it will not show any codes indicating it has failed.

Iíve ordered one through local shop will install tomorrow myself and report results.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be too disappointed & when that doesn't correct a short to B+ DTC but I'll be here for you when you are ready to play the right way!

What about the boost pump under hood in route to filter assembly?

What is status of return regulation?

Did you sample the rail for metal?

16575/P0191/000401 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247): Implausible Signal
    Possible Symptoms
    Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
    Possible Causes
    High/Low Fuel Pressure implausible
    Low Fuel Level or Fuel Tank empty
    Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) faulty
    Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) faulty
    Possible Solutions
    Check Fuel Tank Level
    Check Fuel Pressure
    Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247)
    Check/Replace Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247)
    Special Notes
    When found in VW Polo (9N) with 1.4l FSI (AXU), check TPI 2009218 which describes a problem with the Fuel Pump.
    When found with the Common Rail TDI engine, check for signs of HPFP failure (metal shavings).
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-14-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I hope i'm not too disappointed! Will let you know tomorrow.

I have been driving the car for 2 months since this issue first started and have burnt through about 10 tanks of gas. Issue started off happing infrequently then got more frequent as time passed, this is not typically how a short would happen, not that i'm used to. I've had wires short on aircraft and you get instant changes, not this slow progression of worse and worse driving conditions. It makes sense the engine is not getting enough fuel, as I have had the car stall on me several times lately while pressing on gas at stop lights, and jerky driving conditions, as though the engine is not getting steady amount of fuel. I really don't think it's an electrical issue at this point as I had a shop check the entire wiring system, they are vw pros. I also checked it myself with no cause for concern.

Yes the list does not indicate anything to do with the pump in the fuel tank but we have tried now everything on this list.

There is NO metal shavings in the system, it has been checked several times, at the vw shop over the last two months and the dealer checked today, i've also checked many times, never any metal shavings in the system.

Hoping this is the fix, then this list of plausible issues for code P0191 needs to include the gas tank lift pump.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you luck anyway.........

Let us know if the lift pump module screen has biological's in it?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Issue is fixed! Not by a lift pump but because of a bad ground wire.

So to start this issue first started about 2 months ago on the hwy went into limp mode. It progressively got worse, to the point it would not go out of limp mode. During this time I checked the voltage to the sensor multiple times always getting 5v, I even checked it couple days ago and saw 5v but today I checked it again just for the fun of it, only getting .6v. So I hooked up a temporary ground and the voltage jumped to 5v. I've installed a new permanent ground to the sensor and no more limp mode or P0193/P0191 code!!

Pretty insane that this took 4 visits to volkswagen shops, $2k of parts, and in the end cost me maybe $1 in parts to solve. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dzubot View Post
    I've installed a new permanent ground to the sensor and no more limp mode or P0193/P0191 code!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Well, the ECU thinks this is an electrical problem with the fuel pressure sensor, or the associated wiring, so...
    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL and you thought we were fucking with you huh OP?

If you would of opened your mind a while back & listened to well great responses before I even entered, things would of been fixed a long time ago, huh?

Don't you think you should sue who tested and changed shit that didn't need replacing?

Yup this is FOD!
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-16-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post