Where to connect power and CAN with lane assist?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Maybe I'm stupid or something but I just couldn't find 3Q0 camera for B7. Looking at year 2015 where it changes from B7 to B8. B7 may has 3AA980654 camera, B8 from May has 3Q0980654. 3C-F100 (B7) and 3C-F200 (B8).

To my understanding the 3Q0 or 5Q0 needs the new gateway module as well. Otherwise the messages coming from the camera are not understood by the gateway.
The RoW Passat B7 went out of production by end of 2014. PQ cars that continued in production (Jetta, Beetle, Caddy, Passat NMS, CC) got little technical updates from the MQB parts bin (some even got a real facelift like the Jetta and NMS). Part of these technical updates were the MQB front cameras 3Q0980654, MQB Side Assist modules and knurled climate and side mirror adjustment knobs like on MQB cars.

If I remember correctly, a sample 2016 NMS from the reference scans section with factory ACC had the 7N0907530BC CAN gateway, which is suitable for retrofitting the front camera. This one -> https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?6384-2016-Passat-1-8T-CPKA

Last edited:

Flashded

Reaction score
What about my question about TJA? :)

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
The RoW Passat B7 went out of production by end of 2014. PQ cars that continued in production (Jetta, Beetle, Caddy, Passat NMS, CC) got little technical updates from the MQB parts bin (some even got a real facelift like the Jetta and NMS). Part of these technical updates were the MQB front cameras 3Q0980654, MQB Side Assist modules and knurled climate and side mirror adjustment knobs like on MQB cars.

If I remember correctly, a sample 2016 NMS from the reference scans section with factory ACC had the 7N0907530BC CAN gateway, which is suitable for retrofitting the front camera. This one -> https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?6384-2016-Passat-1-8T-CPKA

Ahaa, you mean in Passat's case NAR versions? That explains it :)

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
What about my question about TJA? :)

Hmm.. Camera needs to be upgraded to G at least. I think that was the first one to support TJA. Not sure if ACC had to support that as well. Emergency assist needs ACC support but TJA I'm not sure if you had to enable anything from ACC.

Flashded

Reaction score
Hmm.. Camera needs to be upgraded to G at least. I think that was the first one to support TJA. Not sure if ACC had to support that as well. Emergency assist needs ACC support but TJA I'm not sure if you had to enable anything from ACC.

TJA uses ACC for sure. It's said even on the official web-page: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/proximity-sensing/traffic-jam-assist
I have the camera G version out of the box. The question related to the Sensor Fusion. If I'm not connecting the camera directly to ACC, due to the lack of support accordingly to the previous messages, would TJA work?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Yeah I know TJA uses ACC. What I tried to wrote was that I'm not so sure if you have to have an ACC module that has specific support for it. Only thing I did to my Tiguan to enable traffic jam assist was upgrade the camera from F to H and then flash a dataset with Tiguan TJA. BUT I have a newer 2Q0 ACC radar already on it.
Sensor fusion uses data from both sensors for example pedestrian detection uses both ACC radar and camera data. And I would guess also TJA uses both.

Flashded

Reaction score
Yeah I know TJA uses ACC. What I tried to wrote was that I'm not so sure if you have to have an ACC module that has specific support for it. Only thing I did to my Tiguan to enable traffic jam assist was upgrade the camera from F to H and then flash a dataset with Tiguan TJA. BUT I have a newer 2Q0 ACC radar already on it.
Sensor fusion uses data from both sensors for example pedestrian detection uses both ACC radar and camera data. And I would guess also TJA uses both.

That's sad :( Anyway, thank you!

I connected the camera and found out that it's very hot during work. Is it normal?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Where are you getting the power to it? Make sure it’s not direct from battery but from terminal 15 power source (ignition).

I’ve never actually thought about it that how hot the camera gets. There’s a heating mat on the windscreen elemen that will keep the camera area clear during winter. That will get hot, especially if wired from battery :)

Flashded

Reaction score
Where are you getting the power to it? Make sure it’s not direct from battery but from terminal 15 power source (ignition).

I’ve never actually thought about it that how hot the camera gets. There’s a heating mat on the windscreen elemen that will keep the camera area clear during winter. That will get hot, especially if wired from battery :)

I just found out that it's because of the sun. It heats black part of the windshield a lot herefore camera gets so hot.

Back