Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Chassis Control Retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have some experience in electrical/industrial wiring and I am sure when I say even the chinese wiring is overpriced. with that being said, it is definitely the best option for anybody who doesn't have the tools or simply doesn't want to bother.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 20. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have as well and I still didn’t want to bother with this. And maybe it’s cheaper to get the parts from Italy but for example the big DCC connector alone was almost 50€ here. The height sensor connectors 8€/piece, the suspension and lateral sensors 3€/piece and at this point we’re already at 100€. Then you buy the wiring itself for 50€ and we are already over the chinese cable set price (130€).

So based on this fact, I did not want to bother. And you do need to have some price for your own work as well. I’m not that purist

And I personally HATE the wiring jobs. I would easily let someone else do it, but I don’t want some greasemonkey to remove interior parts and break them on the way.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, it's all relative, Finland is stupid expensive. DCC connector is 17€ here. oh, and I love wiring jobs :P

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, it's all relative, Finland is stupid expensive. DCC connector is 17 here. oh, and I love wiring jobs :P

5. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the prices here are total overkill.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    50% of the job done. Rear struts installed and cabled. Also DCC module and rear acceleration sensor installed as well.
    Shitty job

Took four hours but I did install sound absorbers to rear wheel arches and trunk floor as well

Tomorrow front struts, height and acceleration sensors and rest of the cabling. Luckily easier part ahead. Removing all trim bits from the trunk area is shit shit shit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, like I ever believed you were really gonna wait until the summer

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just couldn’t resist ��

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    First drive to office this morning and I can give my initial thoughts even only rears have been changed.

Compared to stock R-Line struts, the DCC ones seem to be a bit softer at their default setting when the valve is in working condition yet. But this is only good. I've never really liked the R-Line suspension as it's quite harsh and for the SUV it's not maybe the optimal solution.
    I don't know if this same verdict will go for normal cars with DCC but at least now initially on SUV the DCC seems to work quite nicely. I'll give the final verdict when everything is installed and wired.

Oh by the way, Tiguan is now pretty quiet car after doors, rear wheel arches and trunk area is covered with sound absorbers. I used STP heavy mat which is really easy to install as it does not need any heating to stick. Only rolling

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you have Driving Mode Selection? I ask because I am curious to know how you'll enable DCC into the menu, as module 14 has no coding. in theory it should appear after you code the other modules for DCC, but since DPS is a FeC, I am afraid DPS with DCC is a different FeC than DPS without DCC. in that case, I am screwed