Dynamic Chassis Control Retrofit

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I am back home so I started the job. I connected the DCC module to the car and verified that they talk to each other. will soon parameterize with remote help, with ODIS.

this morning I installed the level senders on the front suspensions. very easy with jacking the car and removing the wheel, one at a time.

I have the wiring loom waiting under the battery tray, will need to extend and reach both suspensions, need to remove the wipers and plenum wiper covers. also wheel arch cover maybe.

I am looking for a garage that will replace the shocks for me, I never did it so I am not comfy without help.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
found the garage willing to replace the shocks, it's scheduled for the 18th. he was surprisingly reasonable with the labor price.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^ darkchina: good to read that soon the module count will be 20 (don't forget to change your signature)..........and thanks for venturing all the way to the deep south for the cuppa and the chat.

Don

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
it was a pleasure to meet you Don.

today I finished the wiring on the front axle. it's not necessary to remove the wheel arch cover. I pulled the wiring looms following the brake lines. the left one enters the engine bay just behind the battery and the right one close to the ABS module. the right one then makes its way under the battery by running along the plenum chamber.

I also installed and wired both acceleration sensors, there are threaded holes under the wipers, one per side.

tomorrow I'll run wiring for the rear axle.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I did pull wires for the two rear shock valves. however it is really uncomfortable (for me) to lie on the ground and the car is really low. I mean, I could not pull the wiring from the left side of the car, to the right shock.

also I need to buy some heat insulating sleeve because the route I have chosen is a little too close to the exhaust.

so I'll probably finish while the mechanic is replacing the shocks, it will be much easier with the car raised on the bridge.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
^ Why not pull the wiring inside? There’s pass through rubber behind battery tray on the firewall and another behind the passenger footwell. ABS wires go through wheel arches from inside and it’s easy to make small punctures to the rubber grommets to pull the wires through.
And it saves you the hassle of removing rear bumper to pull the cables to the DCC module. :)

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I am talking about rear shock valves. wires go from the DCC module (inside the trunk on the left) to the shocks. I reached the left shock and to reach the right one I will tie the cable (with sleeve of course) UNDER the car, but it's close to the exhaust.

anyway. we did parameterization for the module tonight, online with ODIS.

I added module 14 to gateway installation list;
I recoded 03 ABS module for DCC;
I recoded 17 cluster for DCC;

I am now left with these errors in DCC module

Code:
Address 14: Susp. Elect.       Labels: 5Q0-907-376.clb
Control Module Part Number: 5Q0 907 376 B    HW: 5Q0 907 376 A
  Component and/or Version: DAEMPFUNGS-SG H17 0121
           Software Coding: 
            Work Shop Code:   
              ASAM Dataset: EV_DRCONTITEMIC 001019 (VW37)
                       ROD: EV_DRCONTITEMIC_VW37.rod
                      VCID: 3829D4F302D22547317-806C
9 Faults Found:

278272 - Basic Setting of Deflected Position not Performed 
          C10C5 00 [137] - -
          MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 125
                    Mileage: 36630 km
                    Date: 2019.12.15
                    Time: 00:25:05

835584 - MIL Request Signal Active (Check TCM for errors too!) 
          P1624 00 [137] - -
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Time: 00:25:26

835328 - MIL Request Signal Active (Check TCM for errors too!) 
          P1624 00 [008] - -
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 7
                    Reset counter: 165

36105 - Chassis Acceleration Sensor; Rear 
          C10BA 01 [009] - Electrical Failure
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:

198154 - Rear Left Ride-Height Sensor 
          C1036 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:

36363 - Valve for Damping Adjustment Front Left 
          C1040 13 [137] - Open Circuit
             Freeze Frame:
                    Time: 00:25:23

36619 - Valve for Damping Adjustment Front Right 
          C1041 13 [137] - Open Circuit
             Freeze Frame:

36875 - Valve for Damping Adjustment Rear Left 
          C1042 13 [137] - Open Circuit
             Freeze Frame:

37131 - Valve for Damping Adjustment Rear Right 
          C1043 13 [137] - Open Circuit
             Freeze Frame:

two sensors and the 4 shocks are still disconnected so that's ok. after I replace the shocks and connect everything I will try basic settings.

what is weird is that I cannot see DCC settings on any menu. DCC is supposed to appear under Driving MODE menu (which is a FeC, and my car has it from stock).

I remember, when I did ACC retrofit I enabled one bit in gateway coding, thanks to experimental coding. after that ACC showed into Driving MODE menu.

so I looked for something similar for DCC and I enabled BYTE 9 BIT 7 in gateway experimental coding.

still I don't see any DCC into any menu.

I wonder if there is something else to enable, maybe in 5F?

there is very little information on DCC retrofit as it's not very popular.

some Jimmy did it in Singapore, did a few actually, but he does not answers emails or social media.
somebody on drive2.ru did it on Octavia but I don't know how to get ahold of him.

maybe it just needs basic settings, we'll see.

fingers crossed.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
today I installed the rear acceleration sensor, it's in the trunk on the left side, behind the carpet, very close to the DCC module. I needed a rivet tool for "nutserts", which I bought and will come handy for other DIY stuff.

I also moved the rear height sensor from module 55 to the DCC module. module 55 needed to be recoded (sensor is not direct anymore but over CAN, thank you experimental coding). module 55 also asked for basic settings, piece of cake.

I am now down to 6 errors in the DCC module: the 4 valves, no basic settings, and a MIL request.

baby steps lol :)

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
today I installed the rear acceleration sensor, it's in the trunk on the left side, behind the carpet, very close to the DCC module. I needed a rivet tool for "nutserts", which I bought and will come handy for other DIY stuff.

Yes it does. Blind spot monitor retrofit needs this one for the rear radar sensors. One of the connection points needs this tool.

This DCC retrofit is interesting. It's something that I've been considering along with 360 camera one. Only gripe is that it's not very easy to source parts for Tiguan. DCC module is easy but everything else no :)

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I remember reading something about the fixings, before I did the BSD retrofit. when I actually pulled the bumper to install the radar, everything was there and I ended up not needing the tool. whatever :)

I don't know what MY your Tiguan is, I did the research for a 2017 just out of curiosity. front shocks are 3C0 413 031 D and you can find them on VW CC / Eos / Passat / Passat CC / Tiguan / Touran, so there are quite a few on the online market, even used if you trust used shocks. rear shocks are 5N0 513 045/6 A/B and they exist only on Tiguan, these are of course more difficult to find.

for me the shocks were the most difficult to source, I almost bought Bilstein and then I found the OEMs for a real deal. all the sensors can be easily found, and the wiring can be home made by any hardcore retrofitter.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
I remember reading something about the fixings, before I did the BSD retrofit. when I actually pulled the bumper to install the radar, everything was there and I ended up not needing the tool. whatever :)

I don't know what MY your Tiguan is, I did the research for a 2017 just out of curiosity. front shocks are 3C0 413 031 D and you can find them on VW CC / Eos / Passat / Passat CC / Tiguan / Touran, so there are quite a few on the online market, even used if you trust used shocks. rear shocks are 5N0 513 045/6 A/B and they exist only on Tiguan, these are of course more difficult to find.

for me the shocks were the most difficult to source, I almost bought Bilstein and then I found the OEMs for a real deal. all the sensors can be easily found, and the wiring can be home made by any hardcore retrofitter.

One of the most useful sites for spare parts is Allegro. I've got all sorts from there and the postage to here in the UK is only 2-3 days. It should be the same for you. Just put in your part number, use google translator and off you go.

dualamd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370624
FYI, I have just put a Koni Special Active damper kit into my Sharan.
Most simple way. No need wiring, no need coding.

Initial feeling is so far so good. Smoother on bad road, less body-roll on curve, compared to original damper.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813

Just did the research myself as well. For Mk2 Tiguan (AD1) front shocks for DCC system are 5QF413031AC, rear shocks 5QF513045B.

Looks like not foundable in ebay :( Need to check some other sources. DCC module, bracket and acceleration sensor all were found from ebay and not that badly priced either. Looks like this will be my next project :D

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I must have searched parts for another Tiguan :D

my retrofit is on hold. just before replacing the shocks I had realized I was missing the pins for the shocks connectors, so I bought them from my usual source in the UK.

they have not arrived yet, probably due to the holidays, but I am afraid they could be lost in the mail by now :(

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Found the front ones from Sweden �� Wiring set can be ordered from Aliexpress. They have the complete set for 150$. For that price I won’t be bothered to make the cables myself :)

Hmm hmm hmm... seriously need to consider that do I start the retrofit now or later. Only thing slowing things down is the weather. -12c degrees now and I don’t have a heated garage.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
just out of curiosity, can you link the wiring so I can see it? I can't find it.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Ok this project just got the start bang as I bought second hand DCC unit from mk2 Tiguan. I’ll buy the struts to front as well. The I just need the other front level sensor, two acceleration sensor to front and one back, rear struts and wiring set. Oh and then just need to install and calibrate it.

Reactions: Uwe

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
exactly. piece of cake, right?

Reactions: Uwe

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
exactly. piece of cake, right?

Yes :)

I will be doing all the work myself. I’ve done strut swap earlier and I have all the required tools for it. Also as the front struts I bought from breaker in Sweden are complete with springs and bearings so I don’t need to reassemble the package. That was bitchy.

It will be a two day work probably to install all the pieces but that’s fine. I will wait for warmer season though before doing this. I have some time to source the rest of the parts.
The rear struts seem to be hard to find.

Back