Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Dynamic Chassis Control Retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    well then I need to find one of those guys who "magically" add Fec codes, like when they activate the flat new ACC radar. the thing is there are a few and I wouldn't know who to trust.

or... just live without it. I always drive with the INDIVIDUAL profile and if the DCC is adjustable over there, I guess it's enough.

but me being OCD would really like the COMFORT icon
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 20. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve asked this from a few places and the response was from all of those that individual profiles cannot be added later. Whole drive profile is no issue but adding more profiles seems to be no go.

Well can’t say for sure if it’s true or just unwillingness to do it.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted a couple of guys and got one answer that gives hope but I find difficult to believe.

he said all is needed is buy another Driving Profile official kit and run the SVM with the code inside. that will unlock all features.

do you believe it? I am tempted to try. what I wonder is, it if does not work, will the code still be usable so I can resell the thing?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t know. I got info that all is needed to run a parameterization to gateway with a VIN from a car with DCC.

And I did some digging and it seems that I should not even have Comfort option in the menu. Tarraco does not have that anymore and that gives me the reason to believe that when you have offroad driving profiles there is no comfort. Eco replaces that.
    And indeed. I’ve been driving with ECO mode for a few days now and DCC is definitely in comfort setting.

But let us know how the re-enablation with the driving modes go.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, nothing is happening until I reunite with the car in the middle of May, I am looking at options since I have plenty of time.

I have a VIN from a Golf 1.4 with factory DCC but we don't have the same gateway so I assume ODIS would refuse to send that dataset to mine.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, no go in that case

Interested to hear what you find out.