Dynamic Chassis Control Retrofit

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Ok, small update to this.

Well I ended up changing my gateway to 3Q0 907 530 AA. Did the normal CP routines, FeC restore and online parameterization. Then some hex editing with the guides and template available and presto, Eco mode was comfortably replaced with Comfort mode. I never used Eco mode but I was using Comfort DCC setting constantly.

Works perfectly. Only issue is that for some reason I cannot choose the Comfort mode by pressing the HMI screen but I need to scroll the presets with mode button.
Probably something missing from the modification.

But, this is the way to add comfort mode if you want it.

Edit :

Ok, the HMI comfort mode selection was fixed by writing the full unchanged dataset first and then writing only the FPA part of the dataset with modifications. Now works 100% :)

Last edited:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I would like to follow but I am totally unfamiliar with how to edit the dataset.

and, I have a 5Q0 gateway which I don't want to replace :D

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
I'm still learning as well. Gateway replacement was quite easy and fast process.

It seems that it is possible to add new modes as well so it seems that I would be able to add comfort in addition to Eco, Normal, Sport and individual. But as said I'm still learning as well.

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
I never came back to this thread but see it's in the news again, haha. I finished the DCC retrofit on my NAR Mk7 TDI (torsion beam). I did the basic coding, and basic settings (with all wheels hanging). VAG Retrofit and Coding added Driving Profiles for me, including comfort. My car came with no Driving Modes. I had previously upgraded my Gateway to a highline. I have Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, and Individual (Custom).

I'm in Comfort 98% of the time and it's great. Then in my semi-aggressive canyon drives since install Individual with everything Sport except DCC, which I put in normal, feels best. It still provides good control and isn't so harsh over those relatively rough roads. Unlikely I'll ever see a track in my this car and LA roads aren't great so my Individual settings will effectively be my Sport.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
@downtime

after over one year, how are you dataset editing skills now? could you elaborate more please?

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
I've recently gotten into this "game" after changing to 3Q0 gateway of course. I've got a "finished" dataset just for my car with its specific retrofits.
Link to the gallery of what I have now... https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzG14t

Because laziness here's my posts with more detail. I'm Cuzoe over there too.

The info is here, although there is stuff that's not fully detailed yet, chillout/jilleb is a busy guy, 😂.

Last edited:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I have given a look at that GitHub a few times but it does not make much sense to me at the point that I wouldn't know how to start tacking it.

which is actually weird because half of my professional life is in IT, so I should get it way faster.

Back