Thread: 1.8 TFSI Camshaft adaptation phase position

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

1.8 TFSI Camshaft adaptation phase position

Sorry for reviving this topic, but I need your help.

I have Audi A4 B8 2009 model, with 1.8 TFSI 160 hp engine (CDHB engine code). I'd like to check the condition of the timing chain and tensioner.

I did try with OBDEleven and VCDS, unfortunately without success. I cannot find anywhere this positition - Camshaft adaptation intake bank 1, phase position.

Does it mean my engine does not support such a measurments (i.e. the sensor is missing, or something with the software), or there is something broken?

Is there any other way to check the condition ot the chain and the tensioner?

I will be glad if someone like @roth can share an opinion, because he said - I know this engine in and out. Or somenone else who does know the reason.

I will appreciate any help!
    Last edited by EMark; 08-03-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here, you can see that I cannot select Camshaft adaptation phase position, because it missing from the menu.

And this is the result of the Auto Scan:

Code:
    Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 08-03-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not about the software. I have problem with the car, that's why I asked if someone knows where is the problem, or just this engine doesn't provide this option.

I don't need to buy, or to have additional software, I have OBDEleven, and once I couldn't find it there, I asked someone to help trying to find it with a cable for comparison, to see where is the issue, in the OBD 11, or in the car. I don't care to have vcds, I want to know why I cannot check this parameter for the chain tensioner.

Through Google I found several threads here, concerning 1.8 tfsi, and people with knowledge, that's why I asked here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMark View Post
    I don't care to have vcds
    Then you are asking for help in the wrong place.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EMark View Post
    I don't care to have vcds
    Since this forum is run by Ross-Tech to provide support for owners of VCDS, then as Uwe says you have asked in the wrong place

8. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed this argument on 10 & 11 is 21, wow what a winner!
    Let me see if I have this right OP?
    You Google & find that most likely your answer is here, but you don't want the right answer & it is that you need VCDS & because is that right tool plus this support forum to guide you?

I'm not following you, I'm confused too.....
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........