1.8 TFSI Camshaft adaptation phase position

EMark

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Sorry for reviving this topic, but I need your help.

I have Audi A4 B8 2009 model, with 1.8 TFSI 160 hp engine (CDHB engine code). I'd like to check the condition of the timing chain and tensioner.

I did try with OBDEleven and VCDS, unfortunately without success. I cannot find anywhere this positition - Camshaft adaptation intake bank 1, phase position.

Does it mean my engine does not support such a measurments (i.e. the sensor is missing, or something with the software), or there is something broken?

Is there any other way to check the condition ot the chain and the tensioner?

I will be glad if someone like @roth can share an opinion, because he said - I know this engine in and out. Or somenone else who does know the reason.

I will appreciate any help!

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

EMark

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Here, you can see that I cannot select Camshaft adaptation phase position, because it missing from the menu.

And this is the result of the Auto Scan:

Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMark

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
It is not about the software. I have problem with the car, that's why I asked if someone knows where is the problem, or just this engine doesn't provide this option.

I don't need to buy, or to have additional software, I have OBDEleven, and once I couldn't find it there, I asked someone to help trying to find it with a cable for comparison, to see where is the issue, in the OBD 11, or in the car. I don't care to have vcds, I want to know why I cannot check this parameter for the chain tensioner.

Through Google I found several threads here, concerning 1.8 tfsi, and people with knowledge, that's why I asked here.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I missed this argument on 10 & 11 is 21, wow what a winner!
Let me see if I have this right OP?
You Google & find that most likely your answer is here, but you don't want the right answer & it is that you need VCDS & because is that right tool plus this support forum to guide you?

I'm not following you, I'm confused too.....:rolleyes:

Back