Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a PQ CECM that supports HBA?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a PQ CECM that supports HBA?

Hi All,
    Is anyone aware of a CECM part number that would support High Beam Assist?
    I am going to retrofit the B8 A5 camera to my PQ46 B6 Passat for the lane assist and traffic sign recognition features.
    While it would be cool to also have HBA, I'm not going to do a BCM retrofit just to get it.
    So was wondering if perhaps there might be a CECM from a later model car in the PQ family that is able to support HBA with coding only...?

Mr Hopeful
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... I'm under the impression that if you have a front assist camera, that will handle the HBA functionality. BCM will handle the HBA only when you have the HBA camera attached to the base of the rearview mirror.

So this one, HBA camera controlled :

And this one, BCM controlled :

I can't recall seeing any HBA settings activated in my BCM. In the A5 camera there's multiple options for it.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    CECM part number that would support High Beam Assist?
    PQ46 B6 Passat for the lane assist and traffic sign recognition features.
    allegedly passat CC cecm 3C8937049AC supports HBA (FLA) whether this cecm works with HBA or not I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Hmm... I'm under the impression that if you have a front assist camera, that will handle the HBA functionality. BCM will handle the HBA only when you have the HBA camera attached to the base of the rearview mirror.
    I can't recall seeing any HBA settings activated in my BCM. In the A5 camera there's multiple options for it.
    Did you mean adaptive lights? Because that another ball game.
    BCM or in his case CECM (old modules from MK5 and B6 passat's) controls HBA, camera sends signal via can to BCM and it activates high beams. Yes there is coding in BCM for HBA (for ex MK6 In module 09 (Centr. Elec.) byte 11 bit 3 needs to be on (enable the high beam assist)
    Last edited by m87a; 07-11-2018 at 06:35 AM. Reason: additional info / coding

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m87a View Post
    Did you mean adaptive lights? Because that another ball game.
    BCM or in his case CECM (old modules from MK5 and B6 passat's) controls HBA, camera sends signal via can to BCM and it activates high beams. Yes there is coding in BCM for HBA (for ex MK6 In module 09 (Centr. Elec.) byte 11 bit 3 needs to be on (enable the high beam assist)
    No no, on/off type high beam is also controlled by the multifunction camera if it is installed. There's no separate camera unit in front of the rear view mirror when MFC is available.

My understanding is that you do not need to enable the high beam assist separately in BCM in this case. But again, not 100% sure. I cannot check the BCM coding right now. Another thing is that there's also adaptation channels that need to be changed with HBA/FLA.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    if MFC is installed yes camera is controlling but BCM is activating (powering) high beams, and even if it's coded in MFC it also needs to be coded in BCM also you seem to be mixing MQB and PQ35/45...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you're right. I am mixing them. I was able to check this from MQB BCM yesterday. MQB does not have coding for HBA in BCM module anymore. Everything seems to be controlled through adaptation channels.
    In PQ35/45 there looks to be a coding bit to enable HBA. So looks like it is necessary for the CECM/BCM module to support HBA in the coding section.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly, i know this since i had to change BCM in my mk6 when i retrofited HBA since my old one didn't support HBA

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys,
    I am prepared to test a 3C8937049AC CECM once I have my camera installed to see if HBA is possible.
    I just don't want to go down the path of a CECM to BCM upgrade and associated stop/start emulator, endless hours of rewiring etc etc
    Will report back once the camera is installed and calibrated (its currently somewhere in the world between golfi_vend and myself ) and I swap to an AC CECM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Thanks guys,
    I am prepared to test a 3C8937049AC CECM once I have my camera installed to see if HBA is possible.
    I just don't want to go down the path of a CECM to BCM upgrade and associated stop/start emulator, endless hours of rewiring etc etc
    Will report back once the camera is installed and calibrated (its currently somewhere in the world between golfi_vend and myself ) and I swap to an AC CECM.
    Hello my friend , before you start paying and trying read the post above

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...hlight=4WDDSG6

10. Likes kamold liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4WDDSG6 View Post
    Hello my friend , before you start paying and trying read the post above

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...hlight=4WDDSG6
    Thanks for that. So seems like the Bronken solution is the only one...does anyone have access to one?